Operational Risk Analyst
Risk & Compliance
Full-time - Permanent
The individual will develop the internal control framework for all Habito business lines and ensure that all key processes have a robust framework around them. The role will require the individual to engage in testing the robustness of these controls.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Liaising with Business and Risk functions for the implementation and oversight of a comprehensive quality assurance function at Habito
- Implement a robust quality assurance framework for internal controls across all business lines and developing Risk Champions in each of the business functions that operate within Habito
- Roll out of Risk Control Self Assessment related management information for review on a periodic basis by the Risk Committees to demonstrate effectiveness of control coverage and status of any remedial actions
- Conduct Independent testing across business lines and departments to ensure robustness of control framework
- Communicate findings and recommendations to Risk committees, recommend action plans and ensure closure of testing gaps
- Evaluate any changes to internal business processes to assess the potential risks and impacts to controls in place and re - calibrate the controls to remain effectiveCoordinate external 3rd Line of Defense Audits
- Experience developing, implementing and testing control frameworks within Financial Services
- A strong understanding of the Risk Management process and the 3 Lines of Defense model in developing a control framework
- Knowledge of the mortgage industry from an Operational Risk perspective
- Ability to implement best practice risk controls in a dynamic environment
- Commercially astute and able to work through viable solutions with all disciplines across the business
- Be naturally proactive and curious, happy to learn new tasks and assist in related areas
- Comfortable handling change in fast-evolving environments
- Able to understand and gain insight from data and management information
- Analytical and investigative mind, not afraid to question, with great teamwork in resolving issues
– Competitive salary and share options
– Unlimited holiday
– Free catered lunches, snacks and team bonding
– Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
– Free healthcare and life assurance
– Career development, coaching and training
– Contributory pension scheme
– Monthly massages with Urban Massage
– Cycle to Work Scheme
More about Habito
You shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage. That’s why we built Habito.
We use breakthrough technology and top tier experts to deliver the most personalised, fast and convenient way to get a mortgage today. All for free.
We don’t stop at mortgages, either. Together we’re building whole new ways of buying and owning your home. At Habito, you’ll be a vital part of that future.