Head of Compliance
Risk & Compliance
Full-time - Permanent
Habito has already dramatically improved mortgage advice, and now we are going to transform the rest of the mortgage buying experience. Key to this transformation is the ability to think differently and design unique and customised solutions to all areas of the business.
The Head of Compliance will be part of the Group Risk & Compliance team reporting to the VP Compliance & Operational Risk. You will lead a team of Compliance Administrators tasked with ensuring Habito runs in line with the agreed risk framework and regulatory obligations.
Your team will assess mortgage applications to ensure we intermediate responsible lending, provide robust adherence to our various partner mandates and risk appetites and, of course, ensure fair customer outcomes of our mortgage advice and recommendations. All of this will be delivered at pace, be fully transparent and provide an enjoyable customer experience. The successful candidate will be able to combine their compliance and risk experience with the best technology and great teamwork to create a truly special process with great outcomes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Working alongside the VP Compliance & Operational Risk to define and execute Habito’s Group Compliance strategy and framework, and to provide guidance and direction to the wider Habito team
- Monitoring company performance against our Conduct and Compliance Risk Statements/objectives
- Being responsible for the overview of Habito’s 1st line of defence and ownership of the 2nd line of defence controls
- Providing technical advice and guidance to all Habito departmental teams
- Leading the provision of regular compliance reporting and management information to the relevant committees
- Ensuring that conduct and compliance policies remain up to date and compliant with regulations
- Co-ordinating staff onboarding and ongoing CPD training
- Managing, maintaining and controlling mortgage file advice compliance issues
- Deputising for the VP Compliance & Operational Risk when required
- Providing line management support, development and direction for the Compliance Administrators
- Managing multiple tasks concurrently, prioritising appropriately and managing stakeholdersDemonstrating a proactive, 'can-do’ attitude and the ability to work autonomously
- Sharing knowledge and specific feedback across all teams
- Extensive experience in a role that is solely focused on regulation and conduct risk as described by the FCA handbook
- A deep understanding of the key concepts of Compliance and Risk metrics associated with the Mortgage Industry
- Ideally an ICA (or equivalent) qualification
- Extensive knowledge of the full end-to-end mortgage process
- Experience leading, managing and building teamsExtensive UK Residential and Buy To Let mortgage knowledge/experience
- A strong understanding of the UK regulatory mortgage framework
- Commercially oriented and able to propose and execute practical solutions to business challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple departments across the company and to engage positively with executive leadership
- A proactive, confident, customer-centric and team-oriented approach
- The ability to comfortably handle change and adaptable in fast-evolving environments
“The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated”
– Competitive salary and share options
– Unlimited holiday
– Free catered lunches, snacks and team bonding
– Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
– Free healthcare and life assurance
– Career development, coaching and training
– Contributory pension scheme
– Monthly massages with Urban Massage
– Cycle to Work Scheme
More about Habito
You shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage. That’s why we built Habito.
We use breakthrough technology and top tier experts to deliver the most personalised, fast and convenient way to get a mortgage today. All for free.
We don’t stop at mortgages, either. Together we’re building whole new ways of buying and owning your home. At Habito, you’ll be a vital part of that future.