People & Talent
Full-time - Permanent
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and TransferWise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 160,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent TrustPilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive and ambitious People Administrator to join the People & Talent Team during a high growth phase of the business. As a key ambassador of the People experience at Habito, this role will advocate for and support a culture built around our values.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Helping to provide a fantastic new starter experience that reflects our values, including responsive and welcoming communications, generating employment documents, reference and background checking, People onboarding and scheduling induction workshops
- Providing day to day advice and assistance to employees on policies, procedures and benefits
- With the People Lead, supporting managers in performance improvement plans, disciplinary & grievance meetings, and terminations
- Ensuring the HR System and employee files are up to date, accurate and comply with legislation at all times
- Reviewing and ongoing upkeep of the Employee Handbook and Policies in line with our standards, values and current legislation
- Administering all Habito benefits and building engagement with new starters and current employees
- Assisting with the monthly payroll administration and pension auto enrolment compliance in a timely manner
- Running reports and helping to provide metrics to help the People team proactively manage key results
- Contributing to People Projects to meet the strategic goals of the team
- Friendly and approachable with the ability to work with employees with discretion and sensitivity
- Must be highly organised, flexible team player with excellent prioritisation and strong follow up skills
- Excellent attention to detail and taking pride in ensuring data, documents and communications are correct
- Interest in and knowledge of employment law and best practice
- Some generalist experience in a similar role or area
- Advanced communications skills
- Proactive solutions based People style
- Experience working with pension auto enrolment, managing an HRS
“The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated”
Competitive salary & share options
Career development, coaching & training
Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
Contributory pension scheme
Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
Cycle to Work Scheme