Full-time - Permanent
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and TransferWise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 160,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent TrustPilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
We’re looking for an exceptional and experienced Scrum Master to join our EPD (Engineering, product and Design) department to help build out industry disrupting digital mortgage solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Guide the team and organisation on how to use Agile practices and values to deliver what the business needs.
- Teach the team how to be self-organised.
- Remove impediments or lead the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to get the desired result.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and distributing information.
- Support the Product Owner in respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach.
- Knowledge of other Agile/Lean frameworks: XP, Kanban etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, BDD, TDD, CI/CD, Pairing, Automated Testing and other Agile methodologies.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Highly desirable
- A track record of delivery, and getting things done.
- Passionate about agile and lean frameworks.
- Perfectionist most of the time, Pragmatist when required.
- Great communicator, always keen to discuss your ideas on a whiteboard.
- Enjoy showing off – we do regular showcases via programme increment demo’s .
Competitive salary & share options
Career development, coaching & training
Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
Contributory pension scheme
Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
Cycle to Work Scheme