Contract - Senior Product Designer
Full-time - Contractor
We’re looking for an experienced product designer to help us on our mission to make mortgages easier.
A mortgage is the biggest financial commitment most people ever make. At Habito we want to make getting a mortgage easier, simpler, and maybe even a little delightful. As a product designer at Habito, you'll be at the heart of that – helping us build an experience that puts customers in control.
You'll work in our Acquisition crew: a group of researchers, product managers and engineers responsible for bringing new customers to Habito, and giving them a useful, relevant experience with us. You'll design everything from information pages, to calculators, to sophisticated tools that make the complex, simple.
We work in an agile way: starting with research and concept, building an MVP then continuously iterating based on what we learn. You'll work closely with researchers, whose insights will inform your work, and pair with engineers to make sure it's implemented as it should be.
There are 11.1 million mortgages in the UK, and just as many types of customers and needs. If that's a challenge that excites you, we'd love to hear from you.
Our approach to product design at Habito
- Always start with “Why?”
- Use a user-centered approach to solve problems
- Think about the whole product, not just your piece of the puzzle
- Don’t be afraid to solve problems in new or unusual ways
- Turn complicated, abstract problems into simple, elegant solutions
- Don’t be afraid to fail
More about what you’ll do
- Empathetically consider user problems, find realistic, practical solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with developers to ship them
- Conduct and help with user research, from discovery through to evaluation Use both UX and visual design skills to create designs that are both visually appealing, and easy to use – for every user
- Design consistent experiences across multiple platforms, including OS
- Help shape our product experiences and design language at Habito
• Competitive salary and share options
• Flexible holiday
• Free catered lunches, snacks and team bonding
• Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
• Free healthcare and life assurance
• Career development, coaching and training
• Contributory pension scheme
• Monthly massages with Urban Massage
• Cycle to Work Scheme
More about Habito
You shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage. That’s why we built Habito.
We use breakthrough technology and top tier experts to deliver the most personalised, fast and convenient way to get a mortgage today. All for free.
We don’t stop at mortgages, either. Together we’re building whole new ways of buying and owning your home. At Habito, you’ll be a vital part of that future.