People Manager/People Partner
People & Talent
Full-time - Permanent
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and TransferWise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 160,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent TrustPilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced People Manager to join the existing team in delivering the people strategy at Habito. You will have a broad remit across the spectrum of HR throughout the employee life cycle to influence and drive employee engagement and a high performing culture aligned with our values.
- Help to build a fantastic people experience across the business that reflects our values
- Build and streamline processes that support the business as we grow
- Partner with managers across all functions to support and deliver business OKRs
- Provide advice and assistance on policies, procedures, legislation, and best practice
- Own the on-boarding process, including overseeing the generation of offer letters, contracts, reference checking and induction workshops
- Guide new starters and advise their managers through their first three months at Habito
- Oversee the Employee Handbook and Policies to ensure they are in line with our standards, values and current legislation
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices in the organisation
- Drive and administer probationary reviews, annual salary reviews, performance improvement plans, disciplinary & grievance meetings
- Work with the business to identify and deliver effective L&D programmes using external partners as necessary across the Company with direction from the VP People
- Contribute to and support the overall People strategy and ensure alignment of L&D agenda across the organisation
- Strong generalist experience in a similar background
- Ability to work with key stakeholders with discretion and sensitivity across all levels of the business
- Proactive, flexible, solutions based HR style
- Experience managing learning and development programmes
- Strong ER knowledge and current experience of employment law and best practice
- Excellent eye for detail, analytical and reporting skills
- Advanced communications skills Must be highly organised, flexible team player with excellent prioritisation and strong follow-up skills
- Comfortable in a fast moving organisation and able to embrace change and put people at ease!
As well as being friendly and approachable, we are looking for an experienced People Manager who has had considerable exposure to HR in a similar fast growth position or larger organisation. To be considered for this role you will need to have a demonstrable track record of hands on HR generalist duties.
Competitive salary & share options
Career development, coaching & training
Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
Contributory pension scheme
Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
Cycle to Work Scheme