Senior Director, Product Management
Distributed, EMEA /
Product – Product Management /
HackerOne is seeking a Senior Director of Product Management to lead our growing team that is defining the next generation of Hacker-powered security. This person must be strategic, creative, a great leader, and passionate about helping customers solve complex security problems while unlocking massive opportunities for smart, security-minded Hackers around the world. Responsibilities will include hiring, leading, and developing PMs of various experience levels, working closely with Design, Engineering, CS, and other key groups to bring our product vision to market, and being a champion for the vision of Hacker-powered security both inside and outside the organization.
Your team will be loosely based around our EMEA development headquarters (Groningen, near Amsterdam), but is spread across EMEA-friendly timezones. You will work with customers around the world, including some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. You will collaborate closely with our executive team and have high visibility across the company.
Mission of the Product Management Team at HackerOne
The HackerOne Product Team develops and executes the product vision and strategy to unlock the power of human intelligence and talent to create a more secure internet.
What You Will Do
- Lead a team of Product Managers, including hiring, talent development, and day-to-day management responsibilities
- Define and execute product roadmap for your domain, in alignment with overall product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Work closely with customers, partners, analysts, and other important groups to chart a winning course for HackerOne in our marketplace
- Adopt a mindset of product iteration through analytical experiments and calculated risks
- Partner with key stakeholders in the organization to position and launch winning product go-to-market strategies
- Work with designers to create product experiences that users love
- Actively engage with Customer and Hacker Success teams and Marketing to ensure successful product launches and adoption
- Develop familiarity with information security, vulnerability disclosure, bug bounty, hacker community and culture, vulnerability management, and other domain areas
- Empathize with your target users to identify their pain points and use this lens to create delightful user experiences
- Become an expert in hacker-powered security, ready to discuss and demonstrate technical details with developers, designers, support engineers, and customers on a daily basis
What You Know
- 10+ years experience in software product management, preferably experience with fast-growing startups
- 5+ years of direct management experience leading teams of high-performance individual contributors
- Track record of success delivering products and features that drive business results
- Experience working with Agile Software methodology
- Analytical mindset and experience with A/B testing and experimentation techniques
- Strong history working with design and development teams (references will be requested)
- Positive, collegial, professional, inclusive and team-oriented demeanor
- Demonstrable communication and presentation skills
- Prior experience and success leading cross-functional teams remotely
HackerOne commits to maintaining the strong, inclusive culture we’ve built for our employees and our community of hackers. All that we do is driven by our 5 core values. We recognize that our mission is bigger than us, and therefore act with integrity at all times. As a team, we believe that transparency builds trust so we default to disclosure in our communications. Each individual acts like an owner creating an environment of greater alignment and greater autonomy. We win as a team and empower our community because together we hit harder. For more information about our values check out our blog HERE.
What We Do
HackerOne was started by hackers and security leaders who are driven by a passion to make the internet safer, and is now the #1 hacker-powered security platform. Powered by the largest community of hackers on the planet, HackerOne has helped over 2,000 customer programs find and fix vulnerabilities before they could be exploited.. HackerOne is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in London and the Netherlands. As a team, we believe in integrity, transparency, trust, collaboration and community. We believe in the positive power of hackers and work tirelessly to promote the success of our community to the broader, mainstream audience.