Manager, Employee Workplaces and Experience
San Francisco /
Employee Success – People Operations /
HackerOne is searching for an Employee Experience Manager who is obsessed with culture building, is passionate about creating memorable experiences for employees, and is a natural at communicating across mediums and geographies. You will be a critical member of the People team where we are leaders in creating and sustaining a transparent and innovative workplace that promotes employee engagement, high performance, diversity and mutual respect. This is a highly visible leadership role where you will have a massive influence on how our company celebrates together, appreciates one another, and ultimately, wins as a team.
Based in San Francisco, we are looking for our Employee Experience Manager to lead our global team of office managers and in creating amazing employee experiences for our international and hybrid (remote + office) organization. The ideal candidate will be excited to wear many hats in a hybrid role that will touch on office & facilities management, internal communications, employee experience and company events.
It’s important to note that the pandemic has stretched the boundaries of this function to areas that may be unfamiliar to the traditional facilities & office-related position. While we may currently not be in offices today, we know that this role is about more than snacks and desks. It’s about fostering inclusive, joyful, and well-connected employees - no matter where they are
Your Journey at HackerOne
- What’s in your scope:
- Develop and manage our Experience team members in San Francisco, California, Groningen, Netherlands, and London, U.K.
- Own the strategy and budget for facilities, events, and recognition programs.
- Develop and drive the execution of creatively branded HackerOne employee events
- Innovate and run Employee Experience related programs such as onboarding, wellness programs, appreciation programs, and internal communications via our intranet on Confluence.
- Physical & Virtual Facilities Management:
- Along with your team, you will manage the company’s physical & virtual workplaces that reflect our company vision, mission, and core values. This includes research, setup, and maintenance of new and existing facilities and WeWorks.
- Own the cross functional plan for what the “return to office” will be in a Covid-19 free future.
- Create and maintain a robust program that supports our employees in their home offices.
- Events & Celebrations:
- Translate culture and brand through in person as well as virtual events and experiences.
- Leading the coordination of all company internal events such as; regular happy hours, team offsites, holiday parties.
- Most important to note of all our events is the annual all-hands that gathers 300+ Hackeronies from around the globe for a 3 day event.
- Oversee all aspects of events management and production from content and program development, budget, design, AV production, vendor management, logistics, travel, invitations and more.
- Employee Appreciation:
- At HackerOne we appreciate the “big stuff” along with the “small stuff.” Your team will be responsible for employee gifts and acknowledgement for the work they do and the milestone events in their personal life
- Continue to innovate on our wellness program that focuses on Hackeronie’s minds, bodies, and spirits.
- Internal Communications:
- In a distributed environment, internal communications are critical. We look to you and your team as we build out our intranet on Confluence and continue to develop blogs, emails, and newsletters to keep our teams informed and connected.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of workplace management and or employee experience programs experience in a dynamic start-up, or similar environment
- 2+ years of management experience leading, managing, and mentoring teams
- Excellence in written and verbal communication; project or program development and execution experience preferred
- 2+ years experience planning and executing large company events
- Demonstrated creative writing abilities that relays your strong voice and keeps readers engaged
- Experience creating and managing strategy and related budgets
- Excited about having a highly visible role in the company to generate excitement, promotion inclusion, and engagement in company-wide programs and events
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; comfortable using data to inform decision-making
- Familiarity with complex events planning and execution
- Highly developed emotional intelligence, empathy, and conflict resolution skills
- HackerOne commits to maintaining the strong, inclusive culture we’ve built for our employees and our community of hackers. We are a mission driven organization governed by our 5 core company values: Default to Disclosure, Start with Integrity, Win as a Team, Act Like an Owner, and Empower the Community. As a team, we
- believe in integrity, transparency, trust, collaboration, and community;
- believe in the positive power of hackers and work tirelessly to promote the success of our community to the broader, mainstream audience;
- strive to be a member of the community: engage and evangelise engagement with white-hat ethical hackers; and
- champion proactive security practices to make the internet a safer place.
- For more information about our values check out our blog HERE
What is HackerOne?
HackerOne was started by hackers and security leaders who are driven by a passion to make the internet safer. HackerOne is now the #1 hacker-powered security platform, helping organizations find and fix critical vulnerabilities before they can be exploited. We partner with the global hacker community to surface the most relevant security issues of our customers before they can be exploited by criminals. More than 1,700 organizations, including the U.S. Department of Defense, General Motors, Google Play, Twitter, GitHub, Nintendo, Panasonic Avionics, Qualcomm, Starbucks, and Dropbox, trust HackerOne to find critical software vulnerabilities. HackerOne is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in London, New York, the Netherlands, and Singapore.
As a team, we believe in integrity, transparency, trust, collaboration and community. We believe in the positive power of hackers and work tirelessly to promote the success of our community to the broader, mainstream audience.