Social Media Specialist
United States or United Kingdom /
Marketing – Communications /
HackerOne is looking for an ambitious social media expert to develop and eventually lead social media at HackerOne. This is a great opportunity for someone who has strong experience in the hands-on and day-to-day maintenance of social communications and is looking to gain experience in a role where they can also contribute to building out the strategy and long-term goals for one of the most interesting brands in cybersecurity.
At HackerOne, you will be working with our social channels that already have a highly engaged community of hackers. We want this person to be able to maintain the level of engagement with the hacking community while building out a wider community of security professionals and industry influencers.
The position reports to the Communications lead and can be located remotely in the United States or the United Kingdom.
MISSION OF THE MARKETING TEAM AT HACKERONE:
BLAZE NEW TRAILS - Hacker-powered security is built on the foundation that leveraging human creativity to break things will ultimately make us stronger. The HackerOne marketing team is no different. We thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We balance creative, out-of-the-box problem solving with data-driven insights so we can fail fast and succeed faster.
YOUR JOURNEY AT HACKERONE
- Working closely with the communication and content teams, act as the social ‘voice’ of the company - identifying and maintaining the overall communication style for different platforms
- Own and operate multiple official social media channels
- Develop, execute, and measure social media campaigns across a variety of platforms that amplify our thought leadership and PR content, complement demand creation programs, and elevate HackerOne's brand
- Propose and design new tactics, channels, and approaches to social media that demonstrably support our business objectives
- Work alongside key social media stakeholders including marketing, comms, internal comms, and community to align strategy and output
- Advise execs and employees on social output to develop them as brand advocates
- Produce high quality, engaging, original content that can be used across Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and YouTube
- Engage with and build our hacker and security industry communities through one-on-one as well as one-to-many conversations
- Analyze the social media landscape to supply actionable insight to both the social and greater marketing team with hot topics, breaking news, sentiment/market observations
- Innovate and implement test-and-learn strategies along with delivering results
WHO YOU ARE
- 2 - 4 years experience in social media related roles
- Experience in social media management in a technical, fast moving, online marketing environment
- Social media experience within a B2B SaaS environment
- Proven background in developing successful social media strategies and effective plans
- A track record of delivering results and ROI from social media programs and campaigns
- Knowledge in and experience of using Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, YouTube, Hootsuite and Google Analytics
- Self motivated and driven
- Native or fluent English speaker
- In-house experience is desirable
- Experience in cybersecurity is a plus
- Experience in a customer facing social communications role is a plus
HackerOne commits to maintaining the strong, inclusive culture we’ve built for our employees and our community of hackers. All that we do is driven by our 5 core values. We recognize that our mission is bigger than us, and therefore lead with integrity at all times. As a team, we believe that transparency builds trust so we default to disclosure in our communications. Each individual executes with excellence, creating an environment of greater alignment and greater autonomy. We win as a team and respect all people, because together we hit harder. For more information about our values check out our blog HERE.
What We Do
HackerOne was started by hackers and security leaders who are driven by a passion to make the internet safer. HackerOne is now the #1 hacker-powered security platform, helping organizations find and fix critical vulnerabilities before they can be exploited. We partner with the global hacker community to surface the most relevant security issues of our customers before they can be exploited by criminals. Nearly 2,000 organizations, including the U.S. Department of Defense, General Motors, Google Play, Twitter, GitHub, Nintendo, Panasonic Avionics, Qualcomm, Starbucks, and Dropbox, trust HackerOne to find critical software vulnerabilities. HackerOne is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in London and the Netherlands.
As a team, we believe in integrity, transparency, trust, collaboration and community. We believe in the positive power of hackers and work tirelessly to promote the success of our community to the broader, mainstream audience.