5-Axis Setup / Operator (CNC)
Los Angeles /
Straight to the point:
We’re seeking a 5-axis set up machinist who’s ready to take a blank canvas and help us design and produce the world's most efficient way to make beautiful parts.
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds autonomous, software-defined precision component factories that help our customers make Rockets, Satellites, Jets & eVTOLs 2x faster and cheaper.
Getting precision components on time, quickly is the #1 problem for customers in the Space, Medical Devices, Fusion, Semiconductor, Defense & Carbon Removal industries - a $60B market in the US alone.
We are hiring our founding team of 20 - join our growing team of 8 with deep Space, Manufacturing & Software experience to build the factory of the future and lay the groundwork for a Spacefaring, post-scarcity, carbon neutral world.
Our tech already makes us >50% more efficient than legacy competitors and we need you to help us build, automate and launch Factory v1.
We just raised one of the biggest seed rounds of all time, and we're lucky to be backed by Founders Fund, Lux Capital, Construct Capital & our customers (who make rockets and satellites).
About the Factory team and this role:
Hadrian's CAM automation ensures that we reduce CAM programming time by 90% and machine cycle time by 60%. This is a core cost and lead time driver for Space / Defense manufacturing. Our CAM automation team builds workflows, algorithms and automation components on top of our core CAM platform.
We are extending that automation to the shop floor, optimizing and connecting disparate elements of the business. You'll work with the Head of Programming to automate existing manual shop work flows, moving setup tasks to CAM and robotics, and document and test those optimizations to make our factory faster, better, and more reliable. Ultimately, your workflow strategies will be a core part of our automation.
In this role you will
- Set up and run the best CNC machines & robotics equipment in the country, equipped with top quality tooling and workholding
- Design, document and optimize shop floor workflow
- Identify opportunities for robotics and automation to reduce manual labor and sources of error
- Handle communication with Quality personnel to ensure constant optimal production of machined parts
- Perform in process part inspection using using tools such as micrometers, thread gauges, and indicators, and help develop inspection processes
- Work with the best CAM programmers / machinists in the country
- Help integrate the tool crib with machine data, computerized inventory controls, and the best presetting and measuring machines in the industry
- Develop your CNC programming skills and contribute to productivity through CAM automation
- Run real world tests of our automated CAM toolpaths, documenting programming shortfalls and optimization opportunities while programs are running, giving detailed feedback to programmers
- Work with programmers and software engineers to ensure they implement your strategies accurately
- Contribute to other projects like quality, ERP and engineering automation
This might be a good fit if you
- Get a kick out of Manufacturing, Space, Defense and our mission
- Excellent 5-axis CNC machine and control knowledge / experience
- Great at making close tolerance parts for Space, Defense or other advanced industries
- A drive to optimize everything you do
- Great at documenting processes
- Not afraid to be challenged and defend your ideas, but willing to change your mind based on evidence
- Enjoy automating things and hate repeating work
Nice to have (or excited to learn! you don't have to possess these to be a great fit.)
- Have worked with software engineers
- Have used CAD/CAM software, and want to develop CNC programming skill
- sFamiliar with Heidenhain and Siemens controls
What we offer
- Autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
- Early leadership role in breakout startup
- Work on something that actually positively impacts the Space Industry, The Country, and Humanity's future
- Big equity grants
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Stipends for relocation, home office and/or flights to LA
- Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
- Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
- If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
- Fame & Glory
We're building Factory #1 in LA, and this is a full time in person role. We'll help pay for relocation expenses if you move to LA.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITARhere.