Supply Chain Planner
Los Angeles /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing Operations /
FTE (Full Time)
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds software-defined precision component factories for aerospace customers. After a successful customer beta phase, we are expanding to our second factory in Torrance and hiring the last members of our foundational team.
We are looking for machinists with a passion to push the trade forward and engineers with the drive to augment manufacturing.
Our vision for the planner role is a crucial behind the scenes actor in our factory operations. You will leverage unique tools in the industry, from our ERP to entire suite of connected applications, to ensure our shop has what it needs, when it needs.
You will be a key component of our Factory Operations group, living at the intersection of Finance, Engineering, Production, and Automation. This role reports to Kara Bolda (Head of Supply Chain & Planning).
To succeed in this role, you will need:
1. An understanding of current state of manufacturing industry. You will more than likely be dealing with vendors with informal & implicit processes. Your success will depend on your ability to build relationships beyond transactional exchanges.
2. An understanding of how a supply chain fits with factory operations. This is not an office job. While you will be transacting information, your function is an integral element to our internal operations.
Roles and responsibilities:
80% - ensure seamless material flow to support our operations
- Be the first point of contact for the ops team for any tactical material or product issue, work in close collaboration with operational leaders to ensure optimal scheduling of our production capabilities
- Monitor and manage inventory, including tracking of all materials within our ERP and delivery performance
- conducting follow up, scheduling material pick up and drop off, and ensuring supplier is set up for success
- Ensure on-time delivery & supplier readiness of purchased materials, including CNC machines
10% - maintain Hadrian’s strategic sourcing approach
- Ensure we have the correct vendor base and signals to maintain stock or rapid processing turn times
- Supports DFM by confirming material and processing requirements, or communicates risk to team on new commodities/processing
- Define scalable process to qualify vendors, communications expectations during an active job, and ongoing monitoring to maintain quality.
- Ensure how we can reserve capacity within our existing vendor base : arbitrage between blanket PO, pre-reservation, price negotiation, and M&A.
10 % - financial reporting and tracking
- Develop automated processes to generate monthly spend reports
- Manage and generate OSP capacity forecasts to inform shop scheduling
- Manage raw material inventory costs
- Build per job cost logic in raw materials and processes
Requirements for the role:
- Engineering/operational background with ability to translate options into financial decisions OR financial/business background with strong technical acumen
- Familiarity with machining operations, working knowledge of GD&T
- 60-120k depending on experience
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.