People Operations Lead
Los Angeles /
Business – Business Operations /
FTE (Full Time)
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds software-defined high precision component factories for the top aerospace companies in the world. After a successful customer beta phase, we are substantially scaling our operations to our second factory (based in Torrance) and are in the final stretch of building our core software engineering and product team from whom the future of Hadrian will be built upon. This team will leverage various current and advanced technologies and build custom in house software solutions to help improve, automate and scale the future of manufacturing in the U.S.
We are in search of individuals with the drive to augment manufacturing heping enable our engineers build complex, yet elegant software as well as the machinists who have a passion to push the trade forward.
We've raised >$100m to achieve this vision, with multiple rounds from Lux Capital, A16Z, Founders Fund, Construct Capital, Caffeinated Capital and more.
Straight to the point:
We’re looking for a People Ops lead who loves efficiency can partner with leaders to build a vision for people growth, builds systems that scale and always considers the employee experience alongside the needs of the business. This person will work within our current systems, develop new systems, and always push to enhance our culture. This role balances small tasks with large-scale projects and to ensure that our mission is achieved. No day will look the same. This will partner directly with the Director of Business, Finance and People to build comprehensive manager effectiveness training, create clear employee guidelines, establish compensation structure as we grow, and be an advocate for building a positive, inclusive culture across our factory & office teams. This is a high-impact high visibility role with the ability to hire your team behind you.
The Hadrian Factory is in Los Angeles, and this is a full time in person role.
In this role you will:
- Develop strong relationships & a high level of trust with business stakeholders across the organization
- Partner with managers to develop career paths, identify skill gaps, and build out plans for talent development
- Work autonomously and continue to optimize existing process & automation that allows systems to be handed off once completed
- Identify manager & employee training needs, advocate for continuous learning, and provide coaching and mentorship where needed
- Partner with management to develop a performance management, compensation and organizational structure strategies to scale the business
- Advice on and resolve employee relations issues as they arise
- Identify key people objectives and build plans, consensus and then execute with creative solutions
- Build your future team & set the direction of the Hadrian people team of the future
- Be a champion of company culture & inclusivity
Basic requirements, skills, and experience:
- 5-7+ years experience in HR or a related field preferred
- Proven experience moving quickly to build processes & systems that are highly automated, enhance employee experience, and demonstrate results using data & metrics
- Experience coaching leaders through rapid-growth and the challenges of scaling
- Proven success working with a variety of different stakeholders (highly technical leaders, engineers, machinists, technicians)
- Highly autonomous and a self-starter
- Ability to comfortably navigate uncertainty and develop creative solutions to issues
- Experience working in a high-growth or start-up environment
- A++ work ethic and are an incredible team player ("not my job" is not part of your vocabulary)
- Exemplary ethics & discretion
What We Offer:
- Autonomy & a chance to work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US
- Work on something that positively impacts the Space Industry, the country, and humanity's future
- Equity grants
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
- Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
- If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
$135,000 - $180,000 a year
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.