Backend Engineer - Factory Data
LA or SF Bay Area /
Software Engineering /
Onsite in LA or SF
About the FactoryOS team & this role
Hadrian's FactoryOS ("Flow") is the backbone of our operations, automating everything from customer paperwork, to supply chain operations, to resource scheduling, error handling, hardware data integrations, quality inspection processes & more.
This role is responsible for how Flow interacts with the factory data network and physical world, which means building out the architecture and integrations to our machines, quality equipment, robotic support equipment, tooling & other hardware.
It is critical that we abstract various hardware APIs to one clean, fast, secure API, ensuring all teams at Hadrian have an accurate 'state' of the factory at all times.
In this role you will
- Architect and implement our Factory Data layer
- Standardize data and build a Factory API
- Assist various teams to integrate with the Factory API
- Build smart error handling, synching and state tracking code
- Optionally, Lead or contribute to other engineering projects such as visual inspection, robotics automation, infosec, etc
- Contribute to overall product roadmap and assist with prioritization of workload
- Test integrations in real world environments based on different manufacturing scenarios
- Work with a mix of offline and cloud based databases and services
This might be a good fit if you
- Have A++ mental horsepower and plasticity
- Get a kick out of Manufacturing, Space, Defense and our mission
- Have hands-on expertise with REST API development
- Happy at the intersection of hardware and software
- Build reliable, secure, scalable backend systems
- Have hands on experience with GraphQL
- Enjoy detail oriented work that will form the backbone of our factory
- Have 2-5 years backend experience, ideally building complex B2B or B2C software
Nice to have (or excited to learn! you don't have to possess these to be a great fit.)
- API / Data format standardization for one-to-many API builds
- Factory Data or Operating System experience
- Experience handling complex projects involving multiple modules, services, scalable databases and API integrations
- Experience developing MQTT/streaming APIs
- HSM integration
- Aerospace / Healthcare / FinTech / experience (we handle sensitive data)
What we offer
- Autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
- Early leadership role in breakout startup
- Work on something that actually positively impacts the Space Industry, The Country, and Humanity's future
- Big equity grants
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Stipends for relocation, home office and/or flights to LA
- Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
- Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
- If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
- Fame & Glory
- We're building Factory #1 in LA, and this is a full time in person role. We'll help pay for relocation expenses if you move to LA.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITARhere.