Los Angeles /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing Operations /
FTE (Full Time)
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds software-defined precision component factories for aerospace customers. After a successful customer beta phase, we are expanding to our second factory in Torrance and hiring the last members of our foundational team.
We are looking for machinists with a passion to push the trade forward and engineers with the drive to augment manufacturing.
Straight to the point:
We’re seeking a CAM programmer to join our operations team. You will be working with the industry's best hardware and alongside a passionate team that strives every day to push the physical limits of the trade.
Our customers are a mix of prototyping and production so you can expect a diversity of parts, most of them with complex 5-axis geometries that require the use of in-machine probing.
About the Factory team and this role:
Hadrian's CAM automation ensures that we reduce CAM programming time by 90% and machine cycle time by 60%. This is a core cost and lead time driver for Space / Defense manufacturing. Our CAM automation team builds workflows, algorithms and automation components on top of our core CAM platform.
We are extending that automation to the shop floor, optimizing and connecting disparate elements of the business. You'll work with the Head of Programming to automate existing manual shop work flows, moving setup tasks to CAM and robotics, and document and test those optimizations to make our factory faster, better, and more reliable. Ultimately, your workflow strategies will be a core part of our automation.
In this role you will
- program for the the best CNC machines & robotics equipment in the country, equipped with top quality tooling and workholding
- design, document, and optimize programming process
- help develop and optimize tool library and cutting parameter data
- design workholding for prototype and production
- identify opportunities for robotics and automation to reduce manual labor and sources of error
- handle communication with the broader technical team to root cause failure modes and ensure optimal production
- develop and implement automated toolpath and tool selection algorithms with the software automation team
- work with machinists and software engineers to ensure they implement your strategies accurately
- provide DFM feedback
- continue to learn and grow your CNC programming skills
- work with the best machinists and quality experts in the country
This might be a good fit if you
- have A++ mental horsepower and plasticity
- get a kick out of Manufacturing, Space, Defense and our mission
- are an expert 5-axis programmer
- great at making close tolerance parts for Space, Defense or other advanced industries
- are driven to optimize everything you do
- are great at explaining and documenting processes
- not afraid to be challenged and defend your ideas, but willing to change your mind based on evidence
- enjoy automating things and hate repeating work and want to focus on the complex tasks
Nice to have (or excited to learn! you don't have to possess these to be a great fit.)
- have worked with software engineers before
- have developed pieces of CAM automation before
- great at documenting processes
- can explain complex machining strategies for parts and features logically
What we offer
- autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
- work on something that positively impacts the Space Industry, the Country, and Humanity's future
- premium healthcare, vision, dental, and life insurance
- stipends for relocation, home office and/or flights to LA
- interaction with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
- Fame & Glory
$100,000 - $200,000 a year
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.