Software Engineer CAD / CAM
LA, SF or Remote /
Software Engineering /
Onsite in LA, SF and/or remote
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds autonomous, software-defined precision component factories that help our customers make Rockets, Satellites, Jets & eVTOLs 2x faster and cheaper.
Getting precision components on time, quickly is the #1 problem for customers in the Space, Medical Devices, Fusion, Semiconductor, Defense & Carbon Removal industries - a $60B market in the US alone.
We are hiring our founding team of 20 - join our growing team of 8 with deep Space, Manufacturing & Software experience to build the factory of the future and lay the groundwork for a Spacefaring, post-scarcity, carbon neutral world.
Our tech already makes us >50% more efficient than legacy competitors and we need you to help us build, automate and launch Factory v1.
We just raised one of the biggest seed rounds of all time, and we're lucky to be backed by Founders Fund, Lux Capital, Construct Capital & our customers (who make rockets and satellites).
About the CAD / CAM team and this role
Hadrian's CAD/CAM automation ensures that we reduce CAM programming time by 90% and machine cycle time by 60%.
This is a core cost and lead time driver for Space / Defense manufacturing.
Our CAD automation team builds workflows, algorithms and automation components on top of our core CAD platform.
This specific role is focused on building UI and backend logic to automate two key processes (Feature Detection and Logistics Workflows), as well as building integrations between our CAM Automation platform & Hadrian's' FactoryOS
In this role you will
- Lead the design and implementation of the core technical architecture of our next generation factories from planning to execution
- Build automation using our core CAD / CAM API for a variety of workflows (quoting, scheduling)
- Lead 1-2 junior engineers using our workflow builder to build custom UIs to reduce user time executing core CAD operations
- Build automation for Fixture Creation and other time consuming CAD tasks
- Tackle architecture challenges (containerization, microservices, etc) to ensure our CAD API scales
- Contribute heavily to our future roadmap and product
- Work with investors and key advisors from companies like SpaceX, OnShape, Desktop Metal & more
This might be a good fit if you
- CAD / CAM automation experience
- Working geometry knowledge (video games, 3D engines, comp geo, etc)
- Familiarity with Solidworks, Siemens or other CAD / CAM Ecosystems
- Have A++ mental horsepower and plasticity
- Get a kick out of Manufacturing, Space, Defense and our mission
- Enjoy applying optimization techniques to improve business metrics in the real world
- Grasp product impacts to users and factory operations naturally
- Can make tradeoffs between technical optimizations vs "real world" applications
- Strong general computer science and algorithms background
- 5-10 years backend experience, ideally building complex B2B or B2C software
- Can project manage yourself and others to completion of a complex product if needed
Nice to have (or excited to learn! you don't have to possess these to be a great fit.)
- Context or knowledge of Mechanical Engineering, Machining or 3D printing
- Hardware integration experience (or an interest in hardware/software)
- Aerospace / Healthcare / FinTech / experience (we handle sensitive data)
- Internal tooling or B2B workflow experience
- Built software for complex real world environments (eg: logistics, factories, gig economy)
What we offer
- Autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
- Work on something that actually positively impacts the Space Industry, The Country, and Humanity's future
- Coaching from some of the best CAD/CAM people in the world, if you so desire
- Big equity grants
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Stipends for relocation, home office and/or flights to LA
- Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
- Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
- If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
- Fame & Glory
We're building Factory #1 in LA, and for software engineering, this means we run a hybrid-remote structure.
You can choose between;
1. Relocate to LA (we'll cover expenses)
2. Work remote or in our SF office, but fly into LA for ~2/8 weeks average.
We're looking for the best, and the best usually come with some career twists and turns.
Please apply even if you don't think you're a textbook perfect fit - we care more about skills, attitude and output than the school you went to (as an example).