Manufacturing – Manufacturing Operations /
FTE (Full Time)
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds software-defined precision component factories for aerospace customers. After a successful customer beta phase, we are expanding to our second factory in Torrance and hiring the last members of our foundational team.
We are looking for machinists with a passion to push the trade forward and engineers with the drive to augment manufacturing.
As a Quality Engineer at Hadrian, you'll be a cornerstone in ensuring our aerospace components and processes meet the highest quality standards. From conducting root cause analyses to mapping quality requirements for new customers, your role will be pivotal in maintaining Hadrian's reputation for excellence.
More on Hadrian...
We're building autonomous factories that help aerospace and defense companies make rockets, jets, and satellites 10x faster and 2x cheaper. Our CEO, Chris Power, discusses the importance of what we're building in this video.
We are a lean but mighty team of 100 (and growing!) people that are passionate about building critical infrastructure to support the nation and the advancement of humanity.
To support our ambitious vision, we have raised > $100M from Lux Capital, A16Z, Founders Fund, Construct Capital, Caffeinated Capital, and more.
- Lead in-depth root cause analyses to diagnose and resolve quality issues
- Drive and implement data-driven process improvements
- Develop and refine our Quality Management System to meet industry benchmarks, while also ensuring seamless integration with our cutting-edge automation tools
- Create quality plans and protocols in collaboration with quality and manufacturing teams
- Manage metrology and calibration of gauges and other measurement tools
- Act as a product owner for quality-related automation tools, ensuring they meet both production system needs and quality standards
- Onboard new customers by mapping their quality requirements and performing gap assessments to align with our capabilities. Work closely with our automation team to integrate new customer quality processes into our automation systems
- Develop essential quality documentation like process maps, control plans, and standard operating procedures
- Lead internal training initiatives to align the team with quality standards and procedures
- Set, monitor, and report on key performance indicators related to quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aerospace, or Industrial Engineering or related engineering discipline
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires flexibility and a self-driven mindset
- Strong communication skills
- 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced manufacturing or engineering role
- Master's Degree in an Engineering related field is a major plus
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Knowledge of quality systems (especially AS9100)
- Demonstrated experience in analytical problem-solving
- Awareness of lean principals and continuous improvement methodology
- Proficiency in SQL and experience in building dashboards using tools like Retool, PowerBI, or Tableau
- Ability to articulate and defend engineering decisions
- Grasp of the fundamentals of Design for Manufacturability
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends as necessary.
- Physical capability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Compensation and Benefits
For this role, the target salary range is $100,000 - $140,000 (actual range may vary based on experience and leveling).
This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
In addition to salary and equity, we offer:
• 100% coverage of platinum medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans for employees
• Relocation stipend if you’re moving from outside of LA
• Flexible vacation policy
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.