Lead Product Designer
Los Angeles /
Corporate – Software Engineering /
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds autonomous, software-defined precision component factories that help our customers make rockets, satellites, jets & eVTOLs 2x faster and cheaper.
Getting precision components on time, quickly is the #1 problem for customers in the space, medical devices, fusion, semiconductor, defense & carbon removal industries - in total, a $60B market in the US alone.
Join our growing team to build the factory of the future and lay the groundwork for a Spacefaring, post-scarcity, carbon neutral world. Our tech already makes us >50% more efficient than legacy competitors and we need you to help us build, automate and launch Factory v1.
We've raised >$100m to achieve this vision, with multiple rounds from Lux Capital, A16Z, Founders Fund, Construct Capital, Caffeinated Capital and more.
About this role
Hadrian's FactoryOS ("Flow") is the backbone of our operations, automating everything from day-to-day factory operations, to customer paperwork, to supply chain operations, to resource scheduling, hardware data integrations, quality inspection processes & more.
This role — Lead Product Designer — is responsible for shaping and defining Flow’s user interfaces.
We'd also love this person to stretch to owning brand, website aesthetics, and factory aesthetics so we have a wholistic "Factory UX" across all of Hadrian's branding.
This means designing high quality UIs for a wide range of scenarios; for instance:
Allowing a customer to log in and check the status of their order, place additional orders, and review updates from Hadrian;
Explaining to a machine operator the exact sequence of operations necessary to turn a raw piece of metal stock into a finished component ;
Helping a CAM programmer to define the work instructions and parameters necessary for a machinist to build a perfectly in-tolerance component;
Giving a supply chain manager with the ability to generate, review and automatically send documentation to vendors;
Providing instructions to a quality inspector for how to mount and inspect a recently machined component, then record their results
In this role you will
- Interact directly with the users you’re designing for: regardless of they’re machine operators, customers, quality inspectors, or program mangers
- Work on well scoped UI/UX problems, ranging from simple to extremely complex
- Learn about every aspect of what is necessary to manufacture and deliver precision aerospace components with industry-leading reliability and speed
- Define the UI/UX language used by Hadrian to interact with its users
- Mentor future designers
- Deliver real business value quickly — our biggest software projects last weeks, not months
- Build and expand Hadrian’s design system
- Work with engineers and industry experts from SpaceX, Oculus, Google and Stripe
This might be a good fit if you
- Work quickly; you’re comfortable sharing rough designs and iterating fast
- Are adept in explaining your work and process, and taking on feedback
- Think in systems and want to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Want to deeply understanding the product you’re building for; details matter
- Have experience building in-house design systems
- Get a kick out of Manufacturing, Space, Defense and our mission
- Grasp product impacts to users and factory operations intuitively
- Have 2-10 years experience working as a designer at a tech, product-focused company
Nice to have (or excited to learn! you don't have to possess these to be a great fit.)
- Experience (or interest in) designing video games, ERPs, or products with guided flows (e.g. TurboTax)
- Have an interest in guiding Hadrian’s product direction
- Management experience
- Internal tooling or B2B workflow experience
- Aerospace / Healthcare / FinTech / experience (we handle sensitive data)
- Designed interfaces for complex real world environments (eg: logistics, factories, gig economy)
What we offer
- Autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
- Work on something that actually positively impacts the Space Industry, The Country, and Humanity's future
- Big equity grants
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Stipends for relocation, home office and/or flights to LA
- Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
- Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
- If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.