Software Engineer - Machine Integration and Automation
LA or SF Bay Area /
Software Engineering /
Onsite in LA or SF
About the FactoryOS team & this role
Hadrian's FactoryOS ("Flow") is the backbone of our operations, automating everything from customer paperwork, to supply chain operations, to resource scheduling, error handling, hardware data integrations, quality inspection processes & more.
This role is responsible for integrating the physical world into the factory data pipeline, which means bridging vendors' API's and connectors to the formats Flow speaks, allowing it to coordinate the actions of all machines, quality equipment, robotic support equipment, tooling & other hardware.
It is critical that the interfaces between physical equipment and Flow are rock solid, clearly communicating ‘state’ information even if a vendor APIs or connectors become unresponsive, we need a complete picture of what is happening with each piece of equipment in the factory at all times.
In this role you will
- Build integrations to each hardware type using that vendors APIs or connectors
- Switch fluidly between programming languages as required by vendor APIs or connectors, such as C, C++, C#, Python etc.
- Build smart error handling, synching and state tracking code
- Optionally, contribute to other engineering projects such as visual inspection, robotics automation, infosec, etc
- Test integrations in real world environments based on different manufacturing scenarios
This might be a good fit if you
- Have A++ mental horsepower and plasticity
- Get a kick out of Manufacturing, Space, Defense and our mission
- Excel at the intersection of hardware and software
- Enjoy detail oriented work that will form the backbone of our factory
- Experience developing and RESTful APIs
- Have experience with Component Object Model (COM) Objects and Interfaces
- Enjoy building reliable and secure bridges between machine interfaces and high level data systems
- Have experience getting data in and out of industrial controllers / PLC’s
- Have 2-5 years experience integrating machines / robotics / instrumentation / IoT
Nice to have (or excited to learn! you don't have to possess these to be a great fit.)
- Enjoy building intuitive APIs for developers
- Build interfaces between IoT devices and network systems/services
- Communicate with devices via RS458, RS232, CAN interfaces etc
- Experience developing MQTT/streaming APIs
- Factory Data or Operating System experience
- API / Data format standardization for one-to-many API builds
- Aerospace / Healthcare / FinTech / experience (we handle sensitive data)
What we offer
- Autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
- Early leadership role in breakout startup
- Work on something that actually positively impacts the Space Industry, The Country, and Humanity's future
- Big equity grants
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Stipends for relocation, home office and/or flights to LA
- Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
- Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
- If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
- Fame & Glory
- We're building Factory #1 in LA, and this is a full time in person role. We'll help pay for relocation expenses if you move to LA.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITARhere.