Los Angeles /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing Operations /
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds autonomous, software-defined precision component factories that help our customers make rockets, satellites, jets & eVTOLs 2x faster and cheaper.
Getting precision components on time, quickly is the #1 problem for customers in the space, medical devices, fusion, semiconductor, defense & carbon removal industries - in total, a $60B market in the US alone.
Join our growing team to build the factory of the future and lay the groundwork for a Spacefaring, post-scarcity, carbon neutral world. Our tech already makes us >50% more efficient than legacy competitors and we need you to help us build, automate and launch Factory v1.
We've raised >$100m to achieve this vision, with multiple rounds from Lux Capital, A16Z, Founders Fund, Construct Capital, Caffeinated Capital and more.
About this role:
Hadrian's leadership team is a mix of experts in Space, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Factories & Software.
This role will report to the Head of Quality, own CMM programming at Hadrian, and contribute to our automation roadmap using PC DMIS. Additionally this role will provide a mix of helping produce the very first customer parts in 2022, as well as develop new inspection processes and standards including (but not limited to) on machine probing, robotic arm movement for automated inspection setup, and shop floor CMM and other lower cost methods of inspection.
In this role you will
- Design and implement world class quality and inspection processes
- Be a key voice in how we build the worlds most efficient factory
- Work hand in hand with software engineers to automate key parts of the quality workflow
- Guide automation of CMM programming and all other production ERP processes
- Support an automation roadmap prioritized by engineering effort vs time savings
- Recruit, Train and Lead a quality team for Hadrian
- Work with the Manufacturing Team to improve processes
- Help define our prove out and First Article process feedback loops to enable the fastest manufacturing process development in the industry.
This might be a good fit if you
- Have A++ mental horsepower and plasticity
- Get a kick out of Manufacturing, Space, Defense and our mission
- Have a passion for quality and understand why it's so mission critical
- Expert PC-DMIS user
- Understand CMM, PC-DMIS and the inspection ecosystem
- Working knowledge of CNC machining for Space / Defense tolerance parts
- Strong knowledge of GD&T, tolerances, etc.
Nice to have (or excited to learn! you don't have to possess these to be a great fit.)
- Have worked with software engineers before
- Have a great network of quality people for Hadrian to hire
- Have tried to automate quality before, but never given the proper resources
- Have worked in Aerospace, Semiconductor or Defense environments
- Like to play around with the latest automation tech and have a clear vision of how to execute the perfect machining quality system
What we offer
- Autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
- Work on something that actually positively impacts the Space Industry, The Country, and Humanity's future
- Big equity grants
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Stipends for relocation and home office
- Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
- If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
Factory #1 is in Hawthorne, and we will be expanding to our second facility in Torrance over the summer.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.