Los Angeles /
Automation – Software Engineering /
FTE (Full Time)
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds software-defined high precision component factories for the top aerospace companies in the world. After a successful customer beta phase, we are substantially scaling our operations to our second factory (based in Torrance) and are in the final stretch of building our core software engineering and product team from whom the future of Hadrian will be built upon. This team will leverage various current and advanced technologies and build custom in house software solutions to help improve, automate and scale the future of manufacturing in the U.S.
We are in search of software engineers with the drive to augment manufacturing and build complex, yet elegant software as well as the machinists who have a passion to push the trade forward.
We've raised >$100m to achieve this vision, with multiple rounds from Lux Capital, A16Z, Founders Fund, Construct Capital, Caffeinated Capital and more.
About the This Role
Every part of our company relies on solid IT and effective networking – day-to-day factory operations, supply chain operations, resource scheduling, hardware data integrations, quality processes, and more.
We are looking for an IT/Networking Engineer to help build and configure network infrastructure, sustain and optimize existing networks – including LAN, WAN, wireless, and VPN – networks,
Administer and maintain platforms, deliver helpdesk support, and critical IT development, implementation, and administration tasks.
In this role, you will be a critical member of a large, complex IT organization responsible for deploying, maintaining, and optimizing critical IT and networking platforms and systems.
In This Role You Will
- Maintain and troubleshoot our fleet of physical endpoints for workers in our factories, remote offices, and devices embedded inside machining equipment
- Be the first line of defense providing helpdesk support for employees
- Maintain and administer Active Directory and many other services
- Implement and administer a mixed operating system environment
- Work closely with Information Security and DevOps to ensure optimal IT systems and platforms to support ongoing organization growth
- Collaborate with technical teams and leaders to implement IT practices and standards
- Document network design, configurations, and procedures, and maintain an up-to-date inventory of network devices and software at Hadrian factories
- Analyze network performance, identify and resolve bottlenecks and other performance issues
- Ensure network availability, reliability, and performance through proactive monitoring and maintenance
- Build and deploy physical and cloud-based endpoints such as laptops, machinery, mobile devices, and servers
- Implement and administer business and collaboration platforms such as Google, MS Office365, Box, etc.
- Provide Tier 3 technical support for network-related issues and work with vendors to resolve complex problems
This Might be a Good Fit if You're...
- Skilled at administering and maintaining business platforms such as Google, MS Office365, Box, etc.
- Comfortable working in a startup with a brisk pace and sometimes shifting priorities
- Strong knowledge of network security technologies, including firewalls, VPN, and intrusion detection/prevention systems
- Experienced working with managed service providers
- Adept at working across modern operating systems (Windows 10/11, Mac OS, Linux)
- Experienced with Microsoft domain controllers, Active Directory, and Azure administration
- Comfortable handling Windows laptop/desktop and MacOS laptop helpdesk support
- Extensive hands-on experience with network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and routing protocols such as BGP
- Capable of racking and stacking servers and networking equipment in 19” racks
- Skilled in firewall appliance administration (Cisco, Fortinet, SonicWall, or similar)
- Proficient with Networking switches (Cisco, Fortinet, SonicWall, or similar), firewall, VLAN, and VPN configuration
- Experienced with network design and deployment
- Comfortable running ethernet and fiber, and can patch cables in the MDF and IDF’s
- Familiar with remote cloud infrastructure administration such as AWS, Azure
- Able to build and maintain networks across multiple factory locations
- Capable of working collaboratively with the infrastructure team to support SRE, DevOps, DBA, InfoSec, and more
- Capable of creating documentation to illustrate designs and help new and existing hires understand how our networks, platforms, and services work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
What we offer:
- A collaborative team with a clear vision to upgrade the future – we’re working together to achieve positive results
- Working with one of the most advanced IT and manufacturing teams in the US
- Building something new to upgrade space exploration, the next stage of domestic manufacturing, and humanity’s future
- Generous equity grants
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Stipends for relocation, home office, and/or flights to LA
- Interaction with high-tech clients building rockets, satellites, jets, and drones
- Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
- If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.