Manufacturing Engineer - Machining
Los Angeles /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing Operations /
FTE (Full Time)
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds software-defined precision component factories for aerospace customers. After a successful customer beta phase, we are expanding to our second factory in Torrance and hiring the last members of our foundational team.
We are looking for machinists with a passion to push the trade forward and engineers with the drive to augment manufacturing.
Overview of the team
Hadrian’s New Product Introduction team is responsible for:
1. Serving as primary customer interface, managing the entire RFQ process and leveraging internal expertise to serve as a DFM firewall for operations
2. Ensuring the hardware infrastructure required for Hadrian to deliver on new components pushed through the system
Operational duties (50%)
- Intake: Serve as customer POC and project manager for any 0-1 program onboarded at Hadrian. Collect background, statement, design intent, and expected completion date from customer. Evaluate bid with regards to Hadrian organizational goals, resource availability, and potential developments needed.
- Project management: Create detailed inspection plan using Hadrian’s internal management tools, dive deep at crucial steps of the machining process (programming, prove out, select main phase) and communicate to customer any foreseen delay / recovery plans.
- DFM feedback: Gather inputs from CAM-operations, machining, and quality teams to define DFM issues. Build relationships with customer buyers/engineers to create collaboration-based relationships with partner programs.
Process development (50%)
- All Hadrian shop employees are expected to contribute to automation development to root cause issues. The nature of contribution depends on profile and technical appetite. Here are some examples :
- Parametric automation development: work with CAD-CAM automation team to build software that automates toolpath selection based on geometric analysis, and parametric fixture design.
- Shop floor automation development: Define roadmap of internal ERP with the dual aim of maximizing customer visibility in machining process and streamlining handover between operational departments.
- Factory 2 build strategy: locate mix between quick turn & prototype work, spec-out mix of machines, evaluate tooling needs.
- An experience in a machine shop in a technical capacity (either programming or operating a CNC machine) is imperative. This role is ideally suited for a seasoned programmer that has demonstrated process-development appetite or an engineer with demonstrated hands-on experience (in prototyping or design functions).
- Ability to leverage statistics to make data informed decisions in a manufacturing context – demonstrate-able knowledge of best ways to extract data from ERP and channel insights into process development or triage
- Ability to work with machinists or technician-level employees and upskill the entire shop floor. Your technical experience will go nowhere if you are not able to generate buy in from Hadrian’s world class machinist team.
- An ability to write software is a plus but not a must have
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.