Software Engineer - Backend
Los Angeles /
Corporate – Software Engineering /
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds autonomous, software-defined precision component factories that help our customers make rockets, satellites, jets & eVTOLs 2x faster and cheaper.
Getting precision components on time, quickly is the #1 problem for customers in the space, medical devices, fusion, semiconductor, defense & carbon removal industries - in total, a $60B market in the US alone.
Join our growing team to build the factory of the future and lay the groundwork for a Spacefaring, post-scarcity, carbon neutral world. Our tech already makes us >50% more efficient than legacy competitors and we need you to help us build, automate and launch Factory v1.
We've raised >$100m to achieve this vision, with multiple rounds from Lux Capital, A16Z, Founders Fund, Construct Capital, Caffeinated Capital and more.
As a foundational member of the software engineering team, you'll work on our core cad/cam automation stack.
The software you will be building will make CAD & CAM & CMM processes 90% more efficient, and scalable. We'll match you to the best fit project, so please apply even fi you don't know what you might be best to work on. Current and future projects include:
Expanding our desktop app to take over more and more computation currently being done by 3rd party vendor packages
Writing geometry automation for CAD tooling on top of Siemens NX, OpenCascade, and other Geometry packages
Developing automation for CMM measuring programming
Integrating our geometry pipeline into our robotics pipeline
Developing feature recognition tools
Expanding our DFM software to be customer facing, so engineers can use our internal tooling to make their lives easier
Developing high fidelity, video game like front end visualizations as part of CAM Programming Automation
In this role you will
- Design, develop, deploy, and own software used by operators across Hadrian factories
- Develop in TypeScript
- Develop in React (note that we are hiring front end engineers also, but want our backend engineers to be at least able to fiddle in React so they don't get blocked for quick changes)
- Develop in C# and/or C++
- Architect and own web and/or Electron based applications
- Design interfaces that must be robust in manufacturing environments
- Work closely with the best machinists/cam programmers in the world
This might be a good fit if you
- 3+ years rapidly creating and deploying web and/or Electron applications in production level environments
- Experience developing in C# and/or C++ a huge plus
- Enjoy building software soup to nuts- nothing is a blocker
- Understand basics of user experience and love getting feedback from users (who are your colleagues!)
Nice to have (or excited to learn! you don't have to possess these to be a great fit.)
- Experience developing for or using CAD software
- Experience using Geometry packages like Open Cascade or similar
- Experience packaging and deploying a desktop application
- Familiar and/or interested in manufacturing
- Familiarity or background in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
What we offer
- Autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
- Work on something that actually positively impacts the Space Industry, The Country, and Humanity's future
- Big equity grants
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Stipends for relocation, home office and/or flights to LA
- Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
- Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
- If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.