Software Engineering Manager
Los Angeles /
Corporate – Software Engineering /
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds autonomous, software-defined precision component factories that help our customers make rockets, satellites, jets & eVTOLs 2x faster and cheaper.
Getting precision components on time, quickly is the #1 problem for customers in the space, medical devices, fusion, semiconductor, defense & carbon removal industries - in total, a $60B market in the US alone.
Join our growing team to build the factory of the future and lay the groundwork for a Spacefaring, post-scarcity, carbon neutral world. Our tech already makes us >50% more efficient than legacy competitors and we need you to help us build, automate and launch Factory v1.
We've raised >$100m to achieve this vision, with multiple rounds from Lux Capital, A16Z, Founders Fund, Construct Capital, Caffeinated Capital and more.
About this role
Hadrian's FactoryOS ("Flow") is the backbone of our operations, automating everything from day-to-day factory operations, to customer paperwork, to supply chain operations, to resource scheduling, hardware data integrations, quality inspection processes & more.
This role leads a current team of 5 Senior SWEs, and ideally stretches to 8 very quickly.
Work with our CEO, Director of Software & Head of Product on Flow, our core MES/Automation Factory OS which is the main software platform that runs our factory and customer interactions.
This is a Management role, however, promising candidates must also have significant technical experience and will be expected to lead on technical vision and possibly implement features and develop architecture.
Role reports into Simon Hallam, Director, Software & Mechatronics
In this role you will
- Work with a remote team of ICs and coach team on testing, infrastructure and architecture
- Lead and plan sprints with Head of Product
- Hire 2-3 more engineers (backend in LA) and lead massive product expansions at direction of CEO
- Work with customers, internal operators, CEO on product direction
- Work on engineering systems & output
- Work on testing structure and output
- Work with Head of Data Science and Head of Data Engineering on API infrastructure, connections, etc.
- Work with engineers and industry experts from SpaceX, Oculus, Google and Stripe
This might be a good fit if you
- 5+ years experience in software engineering/management building high-performance robust systems
- Prior experience working as a Software Engineer
- Experience with a modern backend stack
- Experience with testing software
- Experience with an array of programming languages / environments
- Experience building business / user-facing software (Compilers, ERP, Financial Management)
- Highly curious, fast learner (ideally has experience in multiple domains, even if they’re not relevant to the role)
- Great synthesizer + communicator, can cut through ambiguity
- Works quickly; comfortable sharing rough work and iterating
- Low ego
- Good user empathy -- able to work with REs directly, can hold on to complex and relevant process models mentally
- Lives in LA (or willing to relocate for a couple years)
Nice to have (or excited to learn! you don't have to possess these to be a great fit.)
- Experience in relevant industry (Aerospace, Software, Manufacturing, Supply Chain)
- Experience with low code systems that are user-facing
- Previous software engineering or experience deploying to production environments
- Wants to work in manufacturing / physical world impacting systems
What we offer
- Autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
- Work on something that actually positively impacts the Space Industry, The Country, and Humanity's future
- Big equity grants
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Stipends for relocation, home office and/or flights to LA
- Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
- Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
- If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.