Manufacturing Engineer - Outside Processing
Los Angeles /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing Operations /
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds autonomous, software-defined precision component factories that help our customers make rockets, satellites, jets & eVTOLs 2x faster and cheaper.
Getting precision components on time, quickly is the #1 problem for customers in the space, medical devices, fusion, semiconductor, defense & carbon removal industries - in total, a $60B market in the US alone.
Join our growing team to build the factory of the future and lay the groundwork for a Spacefaring, post-scarcity, carbon neutral world. Our tech already makes us >50% more efficient than legacy competitors and we need you to help us build, automate and launch Factory v1.
We've raised >$100m to achieve this vision, with multiple rounds from Lux Capital, A16Z, Founders Fund, Construct Capital, Caffeinated Capital and more.
Straight to the point:
We’re looking for a manufacturing engineer to embed within our outside processing operations. As we look to dramatically reduce component lead time for our customers, maintaining control outside our four walls is a must. This role will be supplier facing and responsible for developing a robust system around supplier communication and outside processing operations. This scope will influence supplier selection, drive supplier validation/capability enhancements, root cause supplier processing gaps, and develop the incoming/outgoing processes related to these operations.
About the Factory team and this role:
Hadrian's automation ensures that we reduce programming time by 90% and machine cycle time by 60%. This is a core cost and lead time driver for Space / Defense manufacturing. Our automation team builds workflows, algorithms and automation components on top of our core CAM platform.
We are extending that automation to the shop floor, optimizing and connecting disparate elements of the business with our software. You'll work with the Head of Supply Chain and the factory operations team to help map our supplier workflows and make our factory faster, better, and more reliable.
Factory #1 is in LA, and this is a full time in person role.
In this role you will:
- manage technical vetting and onboarding of new suppliers
- work with suppliers to develop technical package and customer requirement flowdown process
- develop functional process for PO generation, hardware statusing, and nonconformance management
- investigate nonconformance trends, drive root cause and implement corrective actions to eliminate repeat product risks
- work directly with suppliers to implement controls and improve quality and delivery service levels
- identify and execute implementation of high risk supplier functions that can be insourced
Basic requirements, skills, and experience:
- have experience working in a manufacturing environment
- have A++ work ethic and are an incredible team player ("not my job" is not part of your vocabulary)
- have led large cross-functional technical projects
- are able to interpret GD&T and blueprint requirements
- are passionate about manufacturing, space, defense and the Hadrian mission
Preferred skills + experience (you don't have to possess these to be a great fit):
- 3+ years operating in a manufacturing environment
- have a bachelor’s degree in from an accredited institution in an engineering discipline (Chemical or Materials Science is a plus)
- have experience with metal finishing and heat treat processing
- have a forklift certification
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.