Lead Process Validation Engineer
Los Angeles /
This role is responsible for developing, validating, and implementing industry leading inspection and metrology processes to support precision component manufacturing at a large scale. This role is positioned as a leadership role within Hadrian and while the work required initially is individual contribution, the role will require this individual to build a team to support product inspection plan and metrology process development.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Establish Hadrian’s library of inspection processes, providing the appropriate balance of precision, accuracy, and throughput.
· Investigate inspection options on the market to ensure Hadrian’s product verification practices are industry leading.
· Be heavily involved in the development of company Quality Management Systems process and software systems development to support us through Beta, Series A, AS9100 certification and beyond, especially for the following:
1) Inspection Methods Database
2) Inspection Standardization
3) Detailed Inspection Planning (DIP)
4) First Article Inspection
5) Dynamic Feature Based Inspection Sampling using SPC
· Prepare Hadrian’s culture and systems for AS9100 and ISO 9001 certifications after Series A closes (early 2022).
· Establish a metric suite to monitor problems ranging from PPMs, inspection lead times, and a robust Statistical Process Control set that enables real time adjustment of lot sampling rates depending on level of process capability and control.
· Deploy data systems and factory monitoring to enable inspection process validation and new process implementation.
You Could Be a Fit If You…
· Enjoy working at a startup and possess a fresh outlook on traditional industry practices.
· Are malleable, and able to work where processes and systems are undefined (and thus, YOU are the one to create them!).
· Want to contribute in a major way to the rapid expansion of the U.S.’s manufacturing capacity and the Second Space Race.
· Have experience developing processes and systems from scratch, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Experiences (Not Required)
· Have experience driving product improvements using Statistical Process Control and Capability data.
· Have previously run Measurement Systems Analyses to control verification methods, ensuring minimal measurement variation.
· Capable of writing clear process documentation for software applications and company policy (enterprise software a plus).
· Established and deployed metric suites to organizations using Tableau, Power BI, or other visual analytics software.
· Have developed and implemented new company processes, or valuable changes to existing processes.
· Experience with AS9100 and ISO 9001 Auditing, including experience communicating with external auditing agencies/organizations.
· Extensive exposure to a manufacturing environment or industrial company.
What We Offer
· Autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
· Early leadership role in breakout startup
· Work on something that positively impacts the Space Industry, Country, and Humanity's future
· Big equity grants
· Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
· Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
· Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
· If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
· We're building Factory #1 in LA, and this is a full time in person role. We'll help pay for relocation expenses if you move to LA.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.