Director, Sales / Business Development (VP level)
Los Angeles /
Corporate – Business Operations /
FTE (Full Time)
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds software-defined high precision component factories for the top aerospace companies in the world. After a successful customer beta phase, we are substantially scaling our operations to our second factory (based in Torrance) and are in the final stretch of building our core software engineering and product team from whom the future of Hadrian will be built upon. This team will leverage various current and advanced technologies and build custom in house software solutions to help improve, automate and scale the future of manufacturing in the U.S.
We are in search of software engineers with the drive to augment manufacturing and build complex, yet elegant, software and the machinists who have a passion to push the trade forward.
We've raised >$100m to achieve this vision, with multiple rounds from Lux Capital, A16Z, Founders Fund, Construct Capital, Caffeinated Capital and more.
This role reports to the CEO, and partners with the Directors of Hadrian running Finance and Operations.
We have enormous demand at a transactional level and need a VP/Director level Sales Leader to engage with customers at the Director/VP/CEO level to drive large, 6-9 figure contracts as we transform the industry.
Hadrian has strong access to stakeholders at all Space / Defense / Semiconductor primes, and a clear path to turn proof of concept manufacturing at the business unit level into transformation programs at the VP/Director level at customers.
We are looking for a 0-1 leader who will manage and close our first $1m-$20m in large scale contracts, while working with internal engineering and technical support. After the first successful closing cycles, the leader will build out an Enterprise BD team of 1-4 people split across each Prime.
This person should be experienced in high dollar sales to Space & Defense primes, and could come from a Cloud Computing, ERP or Program sales background.
No manufacturing knowledge is necessary, but a strong understanding of sales cycles within Space / Defense primes is important, as well as demonstrated ability to sell large contracts into the Defense sector. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to engage strongly with our government relations partners to support our enterprise sales cycles.
What Hadrian can offer
- Greenfield opportunity with customers that currently spend $500m-$4b annually at existing vendors we are disrupting
- Ability to sell two "products" where we have fundamental speed and cost advantages over legacy competitors we are disrupting
- Strong brand awareness and momentum
- Gov. Rel & Technical support available to support BD operations
- Large equity and commission grants
- Experience in opening and closing large dollar figure contracts into Space, Defense, Semiconductor Primes
- Understanding or interest in learning supply chain and manufacturing
- Can be from software, services or infrastructure sales background
- Creative seller who can go 0-1 without an established process
- High EQ and IQ with ability to grasp real pain points at a customer's business
- Ability to drive multi-year engagements with customers (eg: pick off one division, then 3, then entire company)
- Fast-paced and extremely hard worker
- Doesn't mind flying into customers or DC
Nice to have
- Existing experience selling Cloud or other large transformation programs into Space / Defense primes
- Founder mentality
- Ability to connect with blue collar factory worker and F100 CEO equally
- Previous Gov Rel or similar experience
We believe that the ideal BD hire comes from a cloud (GovCloud, Azure), supply chain services, Enterprise SaaS (ERP, Salesforce, Finance Services) or prime contracts background, but are primarily looking for a BD leader who can go 0-1 with Primes, and are very open to considering candidates from non-standard backgrounds.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.