Los Angeles /
Straight to the point:
The shop Quartermaster is the undertone of our ability to make beautiful space parts .The shop Champion is willing and able to help make sure machines are running and their career is growing as fast as Hadrian. They are buzzing around and helping, with receiving material, driving the forklift, setting tools, managing inventory and everything in between. The Shop Champion needs nothing more than a great attitude, coachability, desire to grow and excitement to hop on the Hadrian rocket ship.
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds autonomous, software-defined precision component factories that help our customers make Rockets, Satellites, Jets & eVTOLs 2x faster and cheaper.
Getting precision components on time, quickly is the #1 problem for customers in the Space, Medical Devices, Fusion, Semiconductor, Defense & Carbon Removal industries - a $60B market in the US alone.
We just raised one of the biggest seed rounds of all time, and we're lucky to be backed by Founders Fund, Lux Capital, Construct Capital & our customers (who make rockets and satellites).
About the Factory team and this role:
Hadrian's CAM automation ensures that we reduce CAM programming time by 90% and machine cycle time by 60%. This is a core cost and lead time driver for Space / Defense manufacturing. Our CAM automation team builds workflows, algorithms and automation components on top of our core CAM platform.
We are extending that automation to the shop floor, optimizing and connecting disparate elements of the business. You'll work with the Head of Programming to automate existing manual shop work flows, moving setup tasks to CAM and robotics, and document and test those optimizations to make our factory faster, better, and more reliable. Ultimately, your workflow strategies will be a core part of our automation.
In this role you will
- Work in a clean, air conditioned fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Set up tools, work holdings
- Deburr parts
- Receive material
- Operate a forklift (certification + training provided if needed)
- Get exposure to the best machines and machinist in the country
- Have the opportunity to grow your career with a rapidly growing Company.
This might be a good fit if you
- Have A++work ethic
- Are hungry to learn and grow
- Get a kick out of Manufacturing, Space, Defense and our mission
- A drive to optimize everything you do
- Great at explaining and documenting processes
- Not afraid to be challenged and defend your ideas, but willing to change your mind based on evidence
Nice to have (or excited to learn! you don't have to possess these to be a great fit.)
- Previous experience in the machining/manufacturing industry
- Forklift certification
What we offer
- Autonomy in how you execute goals, working with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
- Career advancement with a Growing Company
- Work on something that actually positively impacts the Space Industry, The Country, and Humanity's future
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
- Fame & Glory
Factory #1 is in LA, and this is a full time in person role.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.