Lead Process Development Engineer – Quality Management Systems
Los Angeles /
This role is responsible for establishing Hadrian’s Quality Management Systems from the ground up. This includes working directly with our software engineering team to drive automation into every phase of the material flow, fabrication, inspection, and customer interfacing processes and operations to ensure we deliver the highest quality product at the lowest lead time in the Aerospace industry. Additionally, this role will be responsible for creating the procedures and policies that enable us to achieve our AS9100 and ISO 9001 certifications to enable our manufacturing to scale successfully after we close Series A funding.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Write quality policy documentation from the ground up, using lessons learned from our Beta to ensure we rapidly mature into a company capable of producing flight hardware with Six Sigma quality and industry leading lead times.
· Play as acting Product Manager for the Quality organization, and serve as the primary focal point for all quality systems applications with our software team, including (but not limited to):
Detailed Inspection Planning
1) Non-Conformance Tracking
3) Statistical Process Control and Capability
4) Supplier Portal
5) Ballooned Drawings
6) Receiving Inspection
7) Validation of Inspection Methods Database
8) Metrology Tracking and Calibration
· Prepare Hadrian’s culture and systems for AS9100 and ISO 9001 certifications after Series A closes (early 2022).
· Create the company’s first metric suite to monitor problems ranging from PPMs, inspection lead times, and a robust Statistical Process Control set that enables real time adjustment of lot sampling rates depending on level of process capability and control.
· Deploy data systems and factory monitoring to enable inspection process validation and new process implementation.
You Could Be a Fit If You…
· Enjoy working at a startup and possess a fresh outlook on traditional industry practices.
· Are malleable, and able to work where processes and systems are undefined (and thus, YOU are the one to create them!).
· Want to contribute in a major way to the rapid expansion of the U.S.’s manufacturing capacity and the Second Space Race.
· Have experience developing processes and systems from scratch, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Experiences (Not Required)
· Capable of writing clear process documentation for software applications and company policy (enterprise software a plus).
· Established and deployed metric suites to organizations using Tableau, Power BI, or other visual analytics software.
· Have had to gather internal customer inputs on UI preferences and transferred to clear and concise process documentation for software engineers to develop solutions for.
· Have developed and implemented new company processes, or valuable changes to existing processes.
· Experience with AS9100 and ISO 9001 Auditing, including experience communicating with external auditing agencies/organizations.
· Extensive exposure to a manufacturing environment or industrial company
What We Offer
· Autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
· Early leadership role in breakout startup
· Work on something that positively impacts the Space Industry, Country, and Humanity's future
· Big equity grants
· Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
· Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
· Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
· If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
· We're building Factory #1 in LA, and this is a full time in person role. We'll help pay for relocation expenses if you move to LA.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.