Software Engineer - Backend
LA or SF Bay Area /
Software Engineering /
Onsite in LA or SF
Hadrian - Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian builds autonomous, software-defined precision component factories that help our customers make Rockets, Satellites, Jets & eVTOLs 2x faster and cheaper.
Getting precision components on time, quickly is the #1 problem for customers in the Space, Medical Devices, Fusion, Semiconductor, Defense & Carbon Removal industries - a $60B market in the US alone.
We are hiring our founding team of 20 - join our growing team of 8 with deep Space, Manufacturing & Software experience to build the factory of the future and lay the groundwork for a Spacefaring, post-scarcity, carbon neutral world.
Our tech already makes us >50% more efficient than legacy competitors and we need you to help us build, automate and launch Factory v1.
We just raised one of the biggest seed rounds of all time, and we're lucky to be backed by Founders Fund, Lux Capital, Construct Capital & our customers (who make rockets and satellites).
About the CAD / CAM team and this role
Hadrian's automation ensures that we reduce CAM and CMM programming time by 90% and machine cycle time by 60%.
This is a core cost and lead time driver for Space / Defense manufacturing.
We build desktop apps and backend logic that use core CAD, CAM and CMM Apis to automate user actions, toolpaths, geometry workloads and algorithms.
In this role you will
- Architect and implement our Factory Data layer
- Standardize data and build a Factory API
- Assist various teams to integrate with the Factory API
- Build smart error handling, synching and state tracking code
- Optionally, Lead or contribute to other engineering projects such as visual inspection, robotics automation, infosec, etc
- Contribute to overall product roadmap and assist with prioritization of workload
- Test integrations in real world environments based on different manufacturing scenarios
- Work with a mix of offline and cloud based databases and services
This might be a good fit if you
- Have A++ mental horsepower and plasticity
- Get a kick out of Manufacturing, Space, Defense and our mission
- Understand 3D graphics and/ or linear algebra
- Enjoy applying optimization techniques to improve business metrics in the real world
- Grasp product impacts to users and factory operations naturally
- Strong general computer science and algorithms background
- 5-10 years engineering experience, ideally building complex B2B or B2C software
- Can project manage yourself and others to completion of a complex product if needed
- Meet ITAR requirements for handling documents and data (U.S. citizen or green card holder)
Nice to have (or excited to learn! you don't have to possess these to be a great fit.)
- Experience in C#, C, C++, or super strong Python
- Experience in servers and API development is a plus.
- Experience in client development is a plus.
- Experience with Windows COM APIs is a plus.
- Have a background in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or workable knowledge of CAD
- Have a background in metrology
- Have experience with Component Object Model (COM) Objects and Interfaces
- Experience with GD&T measurement techniques
- Experience with CMM | OMM machines
What we offer
- Autonomy in how you execute, work with the best Advanced Manufacturing team in the US.
- Early leadership role in breakout startup
- Work on something that actually positively impacts the Space Industry, The Country, and Humanity's future
- Big equity grants
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Stipends for relocation, home office and/or flights to LA
- Interact with our customers who are building Rockets, Satellites, Jets & Drones
- Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
- If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
- Fame & Glory
- We're building Factory #1 in LA, and this is a full time in person role. We'll help pay for relocation expenses if you move to LA.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITARhere.