Customer Support Representative (Italian-speaking)
Chicago, IL /
Full Time (Flexible with Remote Work)
Who we are
We're building a prayer and meditation app. One that is authentically Christian and Catholic, while at the same time a resource for anyone looking to grow deeper in a relationship with God. We believe that people are hungry for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with Christ: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28).
Our goal is to build something truly great. Something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with world-class product and content execution.
We launched the app in December of 2018 and have been blown away with the incredible growth & traction. Hallow has been downloaded over 10 million times with over 200,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best mission-driven investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
We are a startup. We move quickly and take big swings. We are a small and fast moving team and each person is responsible for making an impact. It is hard work, but also deeply meaningful. We’d be honored & humbled if you’d consider joining us.
Tldr: We are looking for someone to help us meet the needs of our users through world-class customer support. They will be interacting with our users through our Intercom platform and will be working to resolve tickets and proactively address user needs.
What You'll Do
- Language support: One of the most important things we can do to help our users succeed in their use of the app is to offer support when they need it. You’ll be joining our Customer Support team, which offers assistance to our users across six languages. We are expanding into Italian content and you’ll be playing an important role in helping us succeed in the Italian-speaking parts of the world. We’ll look to you to help us offer support to those users and present them with a wonderful experience in the Hallow app.
- User support: Answer live chat messages and support the needs of our users through our Intercom customer messaging platform in both English and Italian
- Feedback management: Collect and relay customer feedback to the rest of the Hallow team
- Liaison with dev: Identify potential issues and coordinate appropriately with the Developers
- Translations: Translate support articles into Italian and feedback into English from Italian
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Every day we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives
- Growth: you’ll get to journey with us as grow into a much larger team. You'll get to contribute to building up Hallow by directly interfacing with users and helping them learn how to use Hallow
- Compensation: we will offer a compensation package that is competitive with market rates. This position will begin at 20 hours per week and has the potential to ramp up to 40 hours a week depending on need and volume
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago and we would love to have as many team members there as possible but we are hiring a global team and you can work from anywhere in the world
What We're Looking For
- Passion: first and foremost, we’re looking for someone excited and passionate about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun to actually care about what you’re working on
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: in Italian (native fluency or similar is a requirement for this role) along with English proficiency. Additional language proficiency in German, Portuguese, Spanish, Polish, and French is a big plus
- Experience: we are looking for experience in Customer or Client Support with the ability to communicate clearly and fluently in English and Italian over our chat feature. We are going to be in the trenches with you, but we’ll want you to come in on day one with an idea of what to focus on and know your way around a start-up. The position also requires a stable internet connection and a computer that can reliably connect to the web
- Aptitude for learning: We'll give you the training to be able to answer most of the questions that come your way, but part of the role involves you learning the user journey and being able to creatively address their questions. We will also be looking for you to synthesize the most common feedback so that the team knows which bugs and improvements we should prioritize
We are honored that you'd consider joining the team and look forward to connecting with you.
Alex at Hallow
CEO & Co-Founder