School & Parish Sales Lead (Flexible with Remote Work)
Chicago, IL /
Full Time (Flexible with Remote Work)
Who we are
We're building a Catholic meditation app. Think Calm or Headspace, but for prayer. We believe that people are searching for peace & spiritual growth, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with God: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28). Our goal is to build something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with truly world-class tech & design.
We launched the app in the Apple and Google Play stores in December of 2018 and so far we’ve been humbled with incredible growth & traction. We've been downloaded over 1.5 million times and have over 40,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best VC investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
Tldr: We are scaling up our school & parish sales team and looking for an amazing sales lead to join our early team!
What you'll do
- Sell our Hallow for Schools & Parishes Programs: We've just recently launched new programs for Catholic schools and parishes to help strengthen our local communities' mental and spiritual health. Your primary responsibility will be building personal relationships and selling these programs through a combination of emails, phone calls, and live demos.
- Generate Interested Prospects: Your job will not only include selling to interested schools and parishes, but finding teachers, principals, pastors, and parish staff that may be interested in bringing Hallow to their communities. You'll do this through a mix of outbound prospecting (e.g., cold calling) and inbound lead generation (e.g., informational webinars) .
- Help Improve Our Sales Process: We are in the early innings of building our school and parish sales process. You will play a critical role in listening to our customers and learning how we can improve both our sales approach and product offering.
- Be a HUGE part of Hallow’s Growth: Your work will directly impact Hallow’s ability to grow to millions of people praying around the world.
What you'll love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Every day we get amazing stories and get the pleasure of working on something that impacts lives. One of my favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliché, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll be developing relationships with leaders in Catholic schools and parishes across the country. There is nothing more exciting than supporting those directly responsible for the next generation of Catholics developing a personal relationship with God.
- Growth: From day 1, you’ll be a part of the startup journey. Over the next year, we’ll build out the company significantly, and we’ll need your help in building a global network of community partners.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago and would love to have as many team members there as possible, but you will be responsible for building relationships across the country so we are flexible on location.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, & benefits.
What we're looking for
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun :)
- Relationship Oriented: The core nature of sales is the ability to understand someone's challenges and to help them believe that you can help solve them. Being able to listen well and to naturally build relationships of trust will be critical.
- High Energy: A sales process is an equation that translates effort into results. There are over 20,000 Catholic schools and parishes in the United States. We want to get to know all of them and we will need to work hard to meet them all and serve them on an ongoing basis.
- Resilience: Not every conversation leads to a sale and very few are automatic "yeses" on day 1. Being able to keep the same energy and enthusiasm in the face of frequent rejection is an absolute must.
- Detail-oriented: We really care about what we’re doing & try to build as fast as we can. In order order to provide a world-class experience to our partners while moving quickly across multiple relationships, we need to document all of our internal and external activities. Clear and consistent written communication is paramount.
We are so incredibly humbled that you're considering joining the team.
CEO & Co-Founder