Chicago, IL /
Full Time (Flexible with Remote Work)
Who we are
We're building a prayer and meditation app. One that is authentically Christian and Catholic, while at the same time a resource for anyone looking to grow deeper in a relationship with God. We believe that people are hungry for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with Christ: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28).
Our goal is to build something truly great. Something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with world-class product and content execution.
We launched the app in December of 2018 and have been blown away with the incredible growth & traction. Hallow has been downloaded over 10 million times with over 200,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best mission-driven investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
We are a startup. We move quickly and take big swings. We are a small and fast moving team and each person is responsible for making an impact. It is hard work, but also deeply meaningful. We’d be honored & humbled if you’d consider joining us.
Tldr: We are scaling and growing quickly and are looking for a producer to help us coordinate content creation for various projects on the app. This person will play a critical role on our content team in carrying projects from start to finish.
What You'll Do
- Strategy: You’ll oversee various content projects and determine fit them into an overall release strategy for the app.
- Process: You’ll think through all of the steps for publishing content from coordinating the release date, licensing, contracts, script, voice talent, and all production needs.
- Publish: You’ll work with the production team to create the very best product and get everything properly uploaded onto the app.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we get amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives.
- Ownership: You’ll be a huge part of our content process. There’s nothing more exciting than creating something beautiful, pristine, and moving, and we strive to do that every day.
- Growth: Over the next year we’ll build out the company significantly and we’ll need your help to create a world-class content team.
- Flexibility: HQ is in Chicago, but remote work is a possibility. We’re flexible with location / hours.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun
- Experience: Must have experience in creating and running teams & processes, ideally in a content-creation and / or startup environment. Preferably experience in professionally publishing video and / or audio content.
- Grit & detail-oriented: A start-up is tough and we really care about what we’re doing. Perseverance and attention to detail are important. Project management skills and a strong sense of ownership will be key, especially for your project-based work.
- Flexibility & adaptability: You’ll need to roll with the punches. It’s a very fast moving environment with the need to produce quickly. You’ll also need to be able to travel for on-site recordings 6-12 times a year.
$100,000 - $220,000 a year
The above range only includes cash compensation. Each full-time employee in the US also receives significant equity compensation, which has the potential to be the biggest economic benefit of joining Hallow, alongside a top-tier benefits package (e.g., unlimited PTO, insurance, remote-flexible work, fully paid parental leave, 401(k) match, and stipends for health & wellness, home-office, and learning).
The above range for cash compensation will be split between a base salary and target annual bonus. These ranges are just initial estimates. They may vary depending on market or location and may be adjusted depending on the person we end up hiring for this role, their experience, and market dynamics.
We are honored that you'd consider joining the team and look forward to connecting with you.
Alex at Hallow
CEO & Co-Founder