Head of Growth (Flexible with Remote Work)
Chicago, IL /
Full Time (Flexible with Remote Work)
Who we are
We are building a faith-based meditation app. Think Headspace or Calm, but for prayer & catholic spirituality. We believe that we're all looking for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with God: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” MT 11:28.
And we believe that if we’re able to combine the beauty of the Church’s prayer & meditation traditions with the world's best technology & design, it might just change the world.
We launched the app in the Apple and Google Play stores in December of 2018. So far we’ve seen some great traction with 600K+ downloads & a 4.9 star rating with over 20,000 five star reviews. We're backed by some of the best VC investors in the world, are growing incredibly quickly, and are excited to build out the team!
Tldr: We just raised our Series A from General Catalyst, are growing quickly, and are looking for someone to lead growth from our A to a unicorn :)
What You'll Do
- Growth hacking: You'll be responsible for continuing to grow the company to aggressive targets (double digit MoM growth) and experimenting across all the functions that that entails - everything from top-of-funnel marketing, to partnerships, to B2B, to product virality, referrals, organic life-cycle marketing, and everything else.
- Team: You'll lead us in setting up and scaling our growth function & team from Series A to the next 10x, and the next 10x and beyond
- Cross-functional: You'll be working closely with our CEO but also cross-functionally with everyone on the team to drive what we prioritize as the largest growth levers from product / dev (e.g., activation / upgrade / retention) to marketing (e.g., CACs, conversions) to content (e.g., content releases, influencer pushes).
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives. One of my favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliche, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll work directly with our CEO and be the first dedicated growth hire to the team, setting up the processes for the company to effectively scale.
- Growth: You’ll get to journey with a VC-backed Silicon Valley startup from the beginning. When the company is this small, every employee is a core team member who is expected to help build the company as a whole as we settle into a culture and continue to expand the team.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago with the full team and would love to have everyone there. That being said we’re super flexible with location / hours; don’t care when you work just that it gets done.
- Team: We're biased, but we think we have the best team in the world. We are passionate about our work, we work hard, we prioritize diversity & welcoming everyone, and we prioritize family and our personal lives.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First and foremost we’re looking for someone excited and passionate about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun to actually care about what you’re working on!
- Experience: Experience in scaling growth in the past will be key, ideally for consumer subscription start ups from Series A to beyond.
- Grit & Fast Pace: A start-up is tough and we really care about what we’re doing. You'll be jumping into a brand new role in a fast moving team, perseverance and attention to detail are important.
We are so incredibly humbled that you're considering joining the team.
CEO & Co-Founder