Quality Assurance (Product)
Chicago, IL /
Dev & Product /
Full Time (Flexible with Remote Work)
Who we are
We're building a prayer and meditation app. One that is authentically Christian and Catholic, while at the same time a resource for anyone looking to grow deeper in a relationship with God. We believe that people are hungry for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with Christ: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28).
Our goal is to build something truly great. Something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with world-class product and content execution.
We launched the app in December of 2018 and have been blown away with the incredible growth & traction. Hallow has been downloaded over 10 million times with over 200,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best mission-driven investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
We are a startup. We move quickly and take big swings. We are a small and fast moving team and each person is responsible for making an impact. It is hard work, but also deeply meaningful. We’d be honored & humbled if you’d consider joining us.
Tldr: We are scaling up our product team and looking for someone to help us test all new features on the app and web before they are released.
What You'll Do
- Test the App & Website: Work closely with our dev team to test out new features on the app and website as soon as they are completed to ensure they are working properly and are of high quality.
- Test Case Management: Work with our product team to determine the types of tests we should implement for new features, releases, and more.
- Automate Test Cases: Build automated test cases using our internal tooling to ensure existing functionality is tested continuously as new features are developed.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives. One of our favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliche, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll report to Patrick, our Quality Assurance Manager, and will own the entire QA process for one of our product team pods.
- Growth: From day 1, you’ll be a part of the startup journey. We went from less than 10 to over 60 in the past 2 years, and we’ll need your help to create a world-class team and get individuals praying in more countries around the world.
- Flexibility: We operate as a remote first team with members all over the globe. We don’t care when or where you work just that it gets done! That being said, our HQ is in Chicago and if in person work is something you are interested in we'd love to have you there!
- Comp: We pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First and foremost, we’re looking for someone excited and passionate about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun to actually care about what you’re working on!
- Experience: Attention to detail with regards to design and crafting user interfaces is the single most important attribute we'll look for; Clear and concise communication with detailed notes will be extremely important for tracking and reporting bugs; Great organizational skills will be important to track QA across multiple platforms and in the bug creation and tracking process; Experience in QA or Testing is a big plus, especially experience with testing mobile apps; Experience in a Scrum environment is a plus
- Grit: A start-up is tough and we really care about what we’re doing. You'll be jumping into a role in a fast moving team, perseverance and adaptability are important.
$70,000 - $95,000 a year
The above range only includes cash compensation. Each full-time employee in the US also receives significant equity compensation, which has the potential to be the biggest economic benefit of joining Hallow, alongside a top-tier benefits package (e.g., unlimited PTO, insurance, remote-flexible work, fully paid parental leave, 401(k) match, and stipends for health & wellness, home-office, and learning).
The above range for cash compensation will be split between a base salary and target annual bonus. These ranges are just initial estimates. They may vary depending on market or location and may be adjusted depending on the person we end up hiring for this role, their experience, and market dynamics.
We are honored that you'd consider joining the team and look forward to connecting with you.
Alex at Hallow
CEO & Co-Founder