Head of People (Flexible with Remote Work)
Chicago, IL /
Full Time (Flexible with Remote Work)
Who we are
We're building a Catholic meditation app. Think Calm or Headspace, but for prayer. We believe that people are searching for peace & spiritual growth, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with God: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28). Our goal is to build something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with truly world-class tech & design.
We launched the app in the Apple and Google Play stores in December of 2018 and so far we’ve been humbled with incredible growth & traction. We've been downloaded over 1.5 million times and have over 40,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best VC investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
Tldr: We're growing quickly, doubling the team over the next couple months, and looking to bring on our first People hire to lead recruiting and build the best startup culture in the world.
What You'll Do
- Recruiting: We are scaling incredibly quickly and hiring the right folks to the team is one of our highest, if not the highest, priority for us right now.
- Onboarding: We need to figure out how to make sure that each of these new folks has a phenomenal first couple weeks at Hallow.
- Build Company Culture & Lead Team Comp, Performance, & Development: We need to make sure that this is the best job anyone on the team has ever had, that we have a phenomenal company culture, and that we build & retain an incredibly high-performing and diverse team.
- Leadership Team: You'll need to work very closely with the founding & exec team on strategic & operational decisions and direction.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives. One of our favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliche, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll report to our CEO & Co-Founder and will be in charge of all people-related areas, arguably the most important piece of what we do.
- Growth: You’ll get to journey with a VC-backed Silicon Valley startup from the beginning. When the company is this small, every employee is a core team member who is expected to help build the company as a whole as we settle into a culture and continue to expand the team.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago with the full team and would love to have everyone there. That being said, we’re super flexible with location / hours; don’t care when or where you work just that it gets done.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First and foremost, we’re looking for someone excited and passionate about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun to actually care about what you’re working on!
- Experience: 5+ years of people, HR, and recruiting experience is a must - we are looking for someone who has helped build fast-paced start-up teams.
- Grit: A start-up is tough and we really care about what we’re doing. You'll be jumping into a brand new role in a fast moving team - perseverance and adaptability are important.
We are so incredibly humbled that you're considering joining the team.
CEO & Co-Founder