Filipino/Tagalog Content Lead
Full Time (Flexible with Remote Work)
Who we are
We're building a Catholic meditation app. Think Calm or Headspace, but for prayer. We believe that people are searching for peace & spiritual growth, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with God: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28). Our goal is to build something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with truly world-class tech & design.
We launched the app in the Apple and Google Play stores in December of 2018 and so far we’ve been humbled with incredible growth & traction. We've been downloaded over 1.5 million times and have over 40,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best VC investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
Tldr: We’re expanding this year into Filipino/Tagalog content and are hiring someone to lead the creation of the content.
What You'll Do:
- Build a full library of Filipino/Tagalog-language content: You will work alongside the content team to build out a full version of Hallow in Filipino/Tagalog.
- Acquire, translate, and write prayers: This role requires the ability to research prayers and prayer traditions from around the world to ensure proper representation, accurately translate prayers from English to Filipino/Tagalog, and write original prayers in Filipino/Tagalog. A background in theology and writing are both essential.
- Work with Filipino/Tagalog-speaking guest contributors: You will reach out to a variety of speakers, authors, theologians, religious, etc. to gather guest content such as prayer sessions and Bible Stories. At times, you may need to attend live recordings (whether in person or online). You must be comfortable reaching out to new people and should enjoy working with a variety of folks.
- Be an integral part of the Content Team: As part of the Content Team, you’ll be asked to help out with various aspects of content, sometimes outside of Filipino/Tagalog, such as helping conduct QA (Quality Assurance) on sessions before they go on the app. Willingness to jump in and having a strong attention to detail is a must.
- Potentially record voice as Filipino/Tagalog Guide: Ideally, you would both write and record much of the content for the app. Please upload a sample reading below (in English and in Filipino/Tagalog).
- Work with the Growth and Product Teams: At times, you’ll work with the Growth team and provide input on ads, messaging, and emails. You’ll also work with the Product team as they build out the app in Filipino/Tagalog. Being part of a startup means working across a lot of different areas!
What You'll Love:
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives.
- Ownership: You’ll play the central role in creating an entirely Filipino/Tagalog Catholic prayer and meditation app. This will be a full-time role.
- Growth: You’ll be a part of the startup journey from the beginning. Over the next couple of years we plan to expand the company significantly and we’ll need your help to build the Filipino/Tagalog content team, as well as set the tone for how we will expand the app into other languages.
- Flexibility: Hallow HQ is in Chicago (USA) but we are open to either a USA-based candidate or a candidate based in the Philippines (we want our Content Lead to be close to the people we are reaching)! However, this role may require some late night or early morning work in order to maximize overlap with the U.S. Central Time Zone.
- Comp: We pay competitive market rates both in terms of salary, bonus, and benefits.
What We're Looking For:
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about the mission. It makes it a lot more fun :)
- Experience: Native fluency in Filipino/Tagalog and fluency in English with experience translating between the two and, most importantly, a firm grasp on Catholic theology (university degree in theology preferred). Experience leading prayer and teaching about faith is a bonus.
- Grit & detail-oriented: We really care about what we’re doing & try to build as fast as we can. As a start-up, our work hours are unpredictable and sometimes exceed a normal 40-hour work week. You must be up for the challenge and willing to go the extra mile to make the content as great as possible.
We are so incredibly humbled that you're considering joining the team.
CEO & Co-Founder