Business Development Executive (Taranaki)
Business Development /
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
To find out more, visit our careers website, LinkedIn & Instagram.
About the role
We’ve launched in Taranaki! Halter is looking for a hungry and driven salesperson to establish and build Halter in the Taranaki region. We're looking for a go-getter, someone who is out in the field, meeting farmers, championing Halter, and converting them into customers. A ‘never give up attitude’ is crucial for this role, you will be a major contributor to the growth and success of Halter.
You’ll have the opportunity to take full ownership of the Taranaki region, where we’re fielding massive interest. Spanning end-to-end sales from cold calling and on-farm meetings to deeply understanding our customers’ farm system and detailing Halter’s value proposition to progress the sale and ultimately close the deal. Make your mark with Halter and help us push the boundaries of farming, connecting animals and humans like never before.
This role can be based anywhere in the Taranaki region.
What your day could look like
- Sourcing new leads and opportunities through proactive outreach, referrals/introductions, industry events and other channels as well as fielding and responding to inbound inquiries
- Meet high-growth sales targets by managing pipeline through to close including screening, qualifying, executing on-farm demonstrations and successfully negotiating contracts with customers
- Collaborating with Customer Success to ensure successful post-sales handoff, implementations, customer satisfaction and account renewal
- Providing support, insight and communication to help build and foster trusting and enduring relationships with customers as they wait for deployment
- Leveraging opportunities and participating in relevant industry/Halter events and demonstrations
- Building and leveraging industry relationships to establish and maintain Halter's brand
- Focusing on the customer and their needs, providing feedback to help drive the product roadmap
- Working alongside your Manager to optimise and evolve the sales process to become faster, more efficient and more predictable as the company scales
Who are we looking for
- A full end-to-end sales skill set with at least 2 years of experience
- Proven track records and examples of successfully sourcing new prospects, securing meetings with new leads and creating new sales opportunities
- Someone who is highly experienced in value-based sales with a proven history of closing deals and high-volume sales results
- Well-prepared with strong communication skills to present Halter's value proposition
- Experience in dairy farming or within the agricultural sector is a must-have
- A person who is results-driven, highly motivated with exceptional time management skills
- Adaptability in a high-stakes sales environment and the ability to think on your feet
- Sales experience in the technology-based industry is preferred
- A relevant university degree or equivalent would be nice to have but not a must
Why our team loves working at Halter
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world.
- The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology scale-up.
- The pride of joining an iconic New Zealand technology company growing successfully on the global stage.
- The opportunity to work with and grow together with an enthusiastic, and highly gifted team with diverse backgrounds.
- The opportunity to supercharge your career in a supportive and caring environment.
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real.
- Delicious snacks and drinks are available for your daily flow.
- Healthy body, healthy mind. We’re partnered with Southern Cross Health Insurance to support your well-being.
- We offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 4 weeks of fully paid secondary caregiver leave and many other parental benefits that support you and your family.
- Our personal growth is important. Halter offers an annual $1000 self-development budget to be used for anything that fuels personal growth.
- Our time to recharge is valued, we’re offered wellness leave and unlimited paid annual leave.
- Importantly, we offer an inclusive and attractive remuneration package made up of salary, benefits and an employee stock ownership plan.
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!
Please also feel free to check out the careers and culture page for more information on working at Halter and don't forget to follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram.