Senior Level Public Affairs Professional
Hamilton Place Strategies
Description of Company:
Hamilton Place Strategies (HPS) is an analytical public affairs consulting firm with offices in Washington, D.C., New York, and California. HPS uses substantive analysis to understand complex topics, and creative public affairs tools to explain issues to target audiences and reach critical stakeholders. We achieve our clients' goals by enhancing understanding of issues, products, and companies, and ultimately, improving outcomes.
HPS is engaged at the highest levels on issues such as the future of work, the role of finance in the global economy, the value of immigration to growth, improving cross-border policy to facilitate trade, modernizing tax policy, and other issues across a broad range of sectors.
Summary of Position:
HPS is seeking a senior level public affairs professional to join our dynamic team. Managing Directors at HPS lead client teams and internal projects and work in a fun, fast-paced, and challenging environment. Managing Directors are responsible for overseeing management of teams and developing and directing client strategy. The successful candidate has 10+ years of relevant experience, is intellectually curious, highly emotionally intelligent, and has an interest in economic policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff Development: Lead internal skills development sessions for new hires along with day to day coaching through client work and internal projects
- Client Acquisition: Drive proposal writing process and pitch preparation and coordination, helping potential clients understand the value of the HPS team
- Policy Expertise: Inform communication and advocacy strategies with policy expertise; understand and translate complex policy issues for policymakers and media
- Media Relations: Leverage and maintain strong relationships with key reporters, producers, etc.
- Client Service: Ensure highest quality of client service by leveraging prior experience and maintaining current knowledge base of clients’ business and industries
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Political Science/Government, Business, Journalism, Public Policy, or related field required
- 10+ years of professional experience in communications or policy roles in a related field: political campaign, Hill, Administration, consultancy, nonprofit or corporate enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor, and motivate talented, high-achieving teams, empowering different types of personalities with a team-first mentality
- Expertise and interest in a specific policy field; familiarity with politics and the legislative process
- Strong analytical skills coupled with excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities
- Willingness to learn new skills and participate in new projects, leading by example and embracing new challenges
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working in a client service environment
- Significant experience in conducting research and performing financial or economic analysis; in-depth knowledge of capital markets, financial institutions, asset management, hedge funds, etc.
- Significant experience working on policy issues in the tech space or financial regulatory space
- Competitive salary and compensation structure
- Excellent health care benefits, with 100% of individual employee and 50% of dependent health care premiums covered
- Competitive retirement benefits with 401(k) matching
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave
- Monthly stipend for cell phone
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Frequent firm-wide social events and activities
- Excellent environment for learning and growth