Director of Consumer Insights
/jest/ - adjective
guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness
We started Hampton Creek because we believe that eating well should be easy. The right thing, for our bodies and for the planet, should be affordable. And it should be incredibly delicious. That's the only way that change will happen: by working with everyone from farmers, chefs, and food scientists to single moms, schools and politicians to fix our broken food system for everyone, everywhere.
And that's exactly what we have done with all of our products including our dressings, mayo, cookies and cookie dough. You can find us nationwide everywhere from Safeway, Target, Whole Foods, Walmart, Kroger, and many more. Our products are also served at schools, universities, hospitals, and corporate offices across the country.
We're a technology company pioneering in food. Named one of CNBC’s Top 50 Disruptors, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies (amongst many other awards), and with $120 million in investment from 12 billionaires (including Li Ka-shing, the wealthiest man in Asia), our mission is to bring healthier, more affordable food to everyone, everywhere. To achieve this we have developed a technology platform that enables us to examine plants from every corner of the planet in the search for better, healthier, and more sustainable food ingredients. Our movement represents a unique opportunity to work with a hard-driving cross-functional team of scientists, research chefs, business analysts, and engineers.
To find products near you check out our "just find it" page on our website (http://www.hamptoncreek.com/just-find-it).
Your role as Director of Consumer Insights is to bring the science of shopping and eating decisions in house. We want you to discover insights that would drive our R&D pipeline, our product commercialization, and our messaging to the everyday consumer. You will report to the Senior Director of Marketing.
- Design a primary research program that uncovers non-obvious insights into our current and potential consumers – be it through neuroscience eye-tracking workshops or data-driven shop-alongs.
- Passionately advocate for the consumer with our product platform directors, our culinary team, R&D team and marketing team.
- Use research and design strategy to unearth market opportunities.
- Analyze statistical research to understand consumer behavior and influences in consumer decisions.
- Consumer-oriented. Your instinct is to empathize with our consumer, and develop techniques to understand them better.
- You have the expertise to know how to build large, complex research methodologies and the experience to know how to scale it to meet business needs.
- Creative and critical thinker. You know how to ask smart questions, frame problems, develop hypotheses, and test them (often creatively) through data.
- Proactive. You are a self-starter and can prioritize your own work. You are curious and seek other people's points of view.
- 10+ years of hands-on consumer research using methods from qualitative and quantitative research, ethnography, and innovation.
- Experience with a range of qualitative and quantitative methods. UX Research experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external stakeholders to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong analytical skills with willingness to dive deep and interpret complex results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong execution ability in a fast-paced environment.
- Experimental design and testing experience.