Head of Manufacturing Operations
/jest/ - adjective
guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness
We started Hampton Creek because we believe that eating well should be easy. The right thing, for our bodies and for the planet, should be affordable. And it should be incredibly delicious. That's the only way that change will happen: by working with everyone from farmers, chefs, and food scientists to single moms, schools and politicians to fix our broken food system for everyone, everywhere.
And that's exactly what we have done with all of our products including our dressings, mayo, cookies and cookie dough. You can find us nationwide everywhere from Safeway, Target, Whole Foods, Walmart, Kroger, and many more. Our products are also served at schools, universities, hospitals, and corporate offices across the country.
We're a technology company pioneering in food. Named one of CNBC’s Top 50 Disruptors, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies (amongst many other awards), and with $120 million in investment from 12 billionaires (including Li Ka-shing, the wealthiest man in Asia), our mission is to bring healthier, more affordable food to everyone, everywhere. To achieve this we have developed a technology platform that enables us to examine plants from every corner of the planet in the search for better, healthier, and more sustainable food ingredients. Our movement represents a unique opportunity to work with a hard-driving cross-functional team of scientists, research chefs, business analysts, and engineers.
To find products near you check out our "just find it" page on our website (http://www.hamptoncreek.com/just-find-it).
The Head of Manufacturing Operations reports to the COO and is responsible for direction, strategy, planning and execution for all of Hampton Creek’s manufacturing operations. You will be decision-oriented, drive innovation, execution and successfully manage cross-functional relationships internally and externally. We are looking to change how food is made and looking for a collaborative, action-oriented and forward-thinking operational leader to bring quality products to life.
· Strategize efficiency, operational procedures, effectiveness of costs and production metrics to successfully ensure meeting end customer needs
· Build and manage hands-on operation business managers to be primary contacts for all third-party co-manufacturers, distribution and procurement partners
· Responsible to manage existing supplier relationships and identifying new partners to ensure Hampton Creek is executing excellent product quality
· Cross-functional leadership responsibility of quality assurance, food safety and compliance regulations
· Driving resolution of quality product issues throughout the supply chain and thorough timely communication
· Collaborate with Supply Planning, R&D, Finance and Partnerships to accurately forecast production goals, manage aggregate inventory and the quality of all finished goods
· Own developing manufacturing plans, demand planning goals, and future product innovations and have an active role in senior-level negotiations with client companies and manufacturing partners
· Manage all contract negotiations with vendors, third party co-manufacturers and distribution partners keeping price, quality and service at the forefront
· Streamline budgeting and cost-effective execution to focus on manufacturing costs, reducing COGs, overall margins, equipment and capital improvements
· Support Product Development and Marketing teams for new product launches and integrating the commercialization and implementation into distribution
· Source and implement essential demand planning resources, tools and systems
· 10-15 years of leadership experience in consumer product goods, food manufacturing, manufacturing engineering and quality assurance across multiple product categories
· Strong foundational and application of industry standards including FDA, HAACP, FSMA and SOPs. Knowledge of certification programs for non-GMO, Gluten Free, Organic etc. would be helpful
· Entrepreneurial self-starter and a team player that will thrive in a high-growth environment with a sense of urgency to deliver quality results.
· Demonstrated strengths with respect to lean manufacturing capabilities, pricing strategies, and negotiation tactics
· Demonstrated success in making decisions and executing strategic plans with SOP implementation
· Large- and small-company mixed experience, leading manufacturing in a rapid growth environment
· Ability to think strategically and execute /problem solve tactical issues
· Proven negotiation skills both in terms of problem resolution, as well as contractual situations
· Excellent communication – effective presentation skills, active listener and cross-functional partner