Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
What would it look like if we started over? That’s the question that fuels all of us at Hampton Creek. We started this company because we deeply believe that eating well should be easy. The right thing for our bodies, and for the world, should be affordable for everyone. And it should be unthinkably, mouthwateringly delicious. We are the fastest-growing food company on earth and we are looking for the best and brightest to drive analytics for key strategic and operational decisions.
So what would you do if you had the chance to start again? If building a world-class food company that will change the world and shape the future of food sounds like a great fit, let’s talk.
In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of Hampton Creek’s business and financial, sales, and operational drivers. Hampton Creek will derive a competitive advantage from our highly analytical approach to managing and driving the company forward.
The Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A will report to the Head of FP&A and will be responsible for maintaining the corporate financial models, strategic business analyses, and developing a deep understanding of our business.
- Drive the financial forecast process and coordinate with development of detailed and summarized P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow statements
- Compile and report key metrics and trends for the organization in its entirety including cost planning and analysis, including continual definition of the best metrics and reporting methods
- Forecast expenses and own the budget for all Opex departments
- Use data to identify key metrics, solve problems, and influence executive decision-making
- Identify trends in business that can be leveraged to drive continued efficiency improvements
- Lead decision-making on investment strategies for products, identification of key market drivers for business generation and business profitability and resource allocation
- Supporting senior management on all relevant operating and strategic analysis, including continual refinement of the best metrics and reporting methods
- Develop insightful presentations that summarize this data and facilitate decision-making for senior management, Board of Directors, and investors
- 2-3 years of experience as an analyst in corporate/investment banking firm or a management consulting
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields
- Intellectual curiosity, desire to learn, humility to admit fault, and deep-seated desire to always make the right decision
- CPG and retail/grocery experience a plus
- Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Uncanny ability to turn data into actionable insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skill presenting analyses to management
- Expert proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. Prior experience in management consulting and/or corporate/investment banking is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and statistical analysis and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis.
The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level executives. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.