Senior Director, Brand Marketing
/jest/ - adjective
guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness
We started Hampton Creek because we believe that eating well should be easy. The right thing, for our bodies and for the planet, should be affordable. And it should be incredibly delicious. That's the only way that change will happen: by working with everyone from farmers, chefs, and food scientists to single moms, schools and politicians to fix our broken food system for everyone, everywhere.
And that's exactly what we have done with all of our products including our dressings, mayo, cookies and cookie dough. You can find us nationwide everywhere from Safeway, Target, Whole Foods, Walmart, Kroger, and many more. Our products are also served at schools, universities, hospitals, and corporate offices across the country.
We're a technology company pioneering in food. Named one of CNBC’s Top 50 Disruptors, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies (amongst many other awards), and with $120 million in investment from 12 billionaires (including Li Ka-shing, the wealthiest man in Asia), our mission is to bring healthier, more affordable food to everyone, everywhere. To achieve this we have developed a technology platform that enables us to examine plants from every corner of the planet in the search for better, healthier, and more sustainable food ingredients. Our movement represents a unique opportunity to work with a hard-driving cross-functional team of scientists, research chefs, business analysts, and engineers.
To find products near you check out our "just find it" page on our website (http://www.hamptoncreek.com/just-find-it).
What would it look like if we started over?
As the Senior Director of Brand Marketing, you will tackle the challenge of how to create a brand that is built for the future. This strategic and creative leader is responsible for defining the brand strategy, garnering deep consumer insights, setting the vision for the team, and managing programs to success. All programs led by this role will have one thing in common - they will redefine the definition of marketing by building an insights and creative led organization that changes the business and ultimately changes the entire food system.
Success in this role means delivering the world's greatest marketing programs that create a disproportionate share of attention from our core audience. You will report into the CMO, and will serve on his leadership team.
- Brand Leadership: Lead the brand vision and equity globally, define the annual product plans, and marketing investment strategy that optimizes our creative execution, delivering on the company’s top goals and objectives. Solidifying the markets that we are focusing on, and establishing brand love.
- Content & Media Excellence: Establishing an impactful way of storytelling through new and unique media and creative opportunities. Nurture internal and external resources for creative, media, design and storytelling needs.
- Operational Excellence: Establish processes for optimal creative development and horizontal production and efficient time to market.
- Partnership Excellence: Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders to create holistic and impactful programs that leverage the best assets of everyone.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience at highly awarded interactive or advertising agencies and/or experience of marketing creatively awarded brands - the most creatively iconic the better.
- Experience in fast-cycle businesses with complex product lines or a heavy technology innovation component that is strongly tied to a brand and impacts bottom-line through competitive product advantage in the market.
- Proven track record of success in building a top consumer brand with multiple product launches, and integrated, multi-channel marketing.
- Marketing pedigree combining a customer centric, analytical mindset with creative thinking in order to identify brand DNA, build the brand and move the business forward.
- Mixes strategic and tactical marketing in his/her approach and uses superb business judgment and embrace analytics to identify, prioritize, structure and solve complex business problems.
- Experience in or has built powerhouse marketing teams skilled in emerging media content, social media, ecommerce and retail marketing.
- Confident, hands-on leader with a collaborative, open management style that fosters participation and contribution among others. A flexible nature, combined with the ability to change and increased responsibilities comfortably.
- Ability to effectively champion and implement ideas, influence others and establish credibility to make tough decisions and achieve results at all levels of the organization on a timely basis.
- Effective communicator inside and outside the organization at the leadership, partner and peer levels.
- Self-starter instincts combined with high energy, action-orientation, and rapid decision making skills.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to foster a proactive and positive “can do” work environment with focus on action and outcomes.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment – preferable candidates will have worked alongside a creative founder or CMO who is actively involved in the brand message.
- Passion for our mission of fixing the world's food crisis by helping consumer make the right food choice the easy food choice.