Analytical Research Chemist
/jest/ - adjective
guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness
We started Hampton Creek because we believe that eating well should be easy. The right thing, for our bodies and for the planet, should be affordable. And it should be incredibly delicious. That's our philosophy of change.
We're a technology company pioneering in food. Named one of CNBC’s Top 50 Disruptors, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies (amongst many other awards), and with $120 million in investment from 12 billionaires (including Li Ka-shing, the wealthiest man in Asia), our mission is to bring healthier, more affordable food to everyone, everywhere. To achieve this we have developed a technology platform that enables us to examine plants from every corner of the planet in the search for better, healthier, and more sustainable food ingredients. Our movement represents a unique opportunity to work with a hard-driving cross-functional team of scientists, research chefs, business analysts, and engineers.
To find products near you check out our "just find it" page on our website (http://www.hamptoncreek.com/just-find-it).
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Analytical Chemist supporting our process/product development and our basic science teams. As an Analytical Chemist you will be involved in the full spectrum of projects in Process Development, Ingredient Product Development, Food Product Development and Discovery. Responsible for analytical method development related to protein and non-protein molecules (ie- sugars, polysaccharides, core elemental analysis, fatty acids, lipids, volatiles, etc.) Characterization, identification and quantitation of compounds which impact sensory attributes for our product is important. Will contribute to continued expansion of Analytical Science laboratory capabilities. Responsible for routine and non-routine sample analyses.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of protein and/or non-protein molecules using a variety of different techniques and approaches
- Evaluate analytical instrument vendors, recommend and procure based upon instrumentation requirements and features
- Properly maintain and calibrate instrumentation as recommended
- Work with Project, R&D department leads and scientists to prioritize capability and assay development needs
- Develop, validate and document analytical methods as required
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses in support of R&D programs, report and summarize results
- Work with scientists to establish best experimental designs
- Conduct work in a safe manner, consistent with lab safety and environmental stewardship guidelines
- Perform other laboratory duties as required to support R&D and corporate projects
- B.S./M.S. in analytical chemistry or closely related field, with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Hands-on experience working with a variety of different techniques including (but not limited to) HPLC, Mass Spec, ICP, etc.
- Understanding of proteomics and protein sequencing
- Ability to establish and refine analytical procedures, write SOPs and communicate them with other team members
- Strong critical thinking, time management and organizational skills
- Possesses strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records
- Experience with automation or high-throughput technologies is a plus