Senior Food Process Engineer
We started Hampton Creek because we believe that eating well should be easy. The right thing, for our bodies and for the planet, should be affordable. And it should be incredibly delicious. That's the only way that change will happen: by working with everyone from farmers, chefs, and food scientists to single moms, schools and politicians to fix our broken food system.
And that's exactly what we have done with all of our products including our dressings, mayo, cookies and cookie dough. You can find us nationwide everywhere from Safeway, Target, Whole Foods, Walmart, Kroger, to many more. Our products are also served at schools, universities, hospitals, and corporate offices across the country.
We're a technology company pioneering in food. With investment from 12 billionaires, our mission is to bring healthier, more affordable food to everyone, everywhere. To achieve this we have developed a technology platform that enables us to search for better, healthier, and more sustainable ways to make food. Our movement represents a unique opportunity to work with a hard-driving cross-functional team of scientists, research chefs, business analysts, and engineers.
As a Sr. Food Process Engineer, you will be a key member of our Product Development Team responsible for scale-up of new food product formulations in multiple product categories which incorporate proprietary new protein sources and more sustainable alternatives. Involves process flow diagram development, optimization of key process operating parameters, selection of contract manufacturers, technology transfer, manufacturing technical support, and driving process R&D efforts based on perceived business need.
- Develop process flow diagrams to produce large-scale prepared and packaged food products based upon input and limitations from cross-functional team members
- Evaluate capability of installed manufacturing systems for applicability and the most cost-effective augmentations to proposed processes
- Determine key operating variables and specify acceptable operating condition ranges at the bench, pilot, and production scales
- Identify, specify, and procure specialized unit operations which may be required to augment capabilities for chosen contract manufacturers
- Address process performance with contract manufacturers to optimize product yields and production costs by utilizing best in class technologies, where appropriate
- Develop and maintain SOPs and Batch Records reflecting current best practices
- Provide technical leadership to troubleshoot production issues as required
- Seek out and pursue internal continuous process improvements for cost optimization with little oversight
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Food Process, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering
- 7+ years food processing experience
- Experience in a pilot food processing environment
- Experience with technology transfer and commercialization
- Experience with packaging systems a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially cross-functionally
- Solid organizational skills
- Willingness to travel
- Passionate about bringing the food industry to the next level
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Hampton Creek participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.