Operations Business Manager
/jest/ - adjective
guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness
We started Hampton Creek because we believe that eating well should be easy. The right thing, for our bodies and for the planet, should be affordable. And it should be incredibly delicious. That's the only way that change will happen: by working with everyone from farmers, chefs, and food scientists to single moms, schools and politicians to fix our broken food system for everyone, everywhere.
And that's exactly what we have done with all of our products including our dressings, mayo, cookies and cookie dough. You can find us nationwide everywhere from Safeway, Target, Whole Foods, Walmart, Kroger, and many more. Our products are also served at schools, universities, hospitals, and corporate offices across the country.
We're a technology company pioneering in food. Named one of CNBC’s Top 50 Disruptors, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies (amongst many other awards), and with $120 million in investment from 12 billionaires (including Li Ka-shing, the wealthiest man in Asia), our mission is to bring healthier, more affordable food to everyone, everywhere. To achieve this we have developed a technology platform that enables us to examine plants from every corner of the planet in the search for better, healthier, and more sustainable food ingredients. Our movement represents a unique opportunity to work with a hard-driving cross-functional team of scientists, research chefs, business analysts, and engineers.
To find products near you check out our "just find it" page on our website (http://www.hamptoncreek.com/just-find-it).
The Operations Business Manager is primarily responsible for acting as the process lead for timely commercialization of new product additions as well as the implementation of any necessary changes to the existing products. The position will manage all projects from conceptualization through final production and launch.
- Works with sales and marketing teams to define project scope as new product ideas, new SKU's, or significant changes to product packaging and or ingredients are brought forward for consideration.
- Facilitates project approval/review/charter process; ensures all projects are properly documented and have been reviewed and agreed upon by all appropriate stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, Finance, R&D, Quality, Procurement, Logistics, and Operations.)
- Facilitates the definition of project scope, goals, tasks and resource (people and cost) requirements; resolves or assists in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional groups.
- Ensures that suitable risk assessment and contingency planning takes place, is communicated and agreed upon by all stakeholders, and is acted on if necessary to keep the project on track or to accelerate the project if the business need exists.
- Organizes cross-functional project teams by recommending and selecting team members, determining and communicating meeting schedules, assigning responsibilities and managing tasks and deadlines.
- Leads regularly scheduled project team meetings centered on operational requirements for product changes and new product development ensuring projects are delivered on-time and within budget.
- Leads efforts to improve quality, time and cost by challenging and recommending product or process improvements.
- Defines and implements improvements in project management tools and methodologies; enables best practice sharing by ensuring all projects are properly closed out and key learning's are documented.
- Initiates the finished goods Master Data setup and communicates completed information to stakeholders so all information systems can be properly set up to produce, ship, sell and invoice our products.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Food Science, or similar fields.
- Familiarity working in food production facilities and prior experience project managing new product/package commercialization in a fast-paced environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in leading cross-functional teams, providing strategic direction within a complex operation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced spreadsheet and numerical analysis skills (i.e. building business cases, margin and cash flow analysis, etc.) using MS Office tools including Excel.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Strong group facilitation skills and the ability to drive others toward action and decisions.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Self-starter who is able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Extensive understanding of: QA/Compliance, production scheduling/planning, procurement, manufacturing processes (batching, filling, packaging/labeling, warehousing and logistics) and project planning.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification a plus.