Senior Director of Communications
/jest/ - adjective
guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness
We started Hampton Creek because we believe that eating well should be easy. The right thing, for our bodies and for the planet, should be affordable. And it should be incredibly delicious. That's the only way that change will happen: by working with everyone from farmers, chefs, and food scientists to single moms, schools and politicians to fix our broken food system for everyone, everywhere.
And that's exactly what we have done with all of our products including our dressings, mayo, cookies and cookie dough. You can find us nationwide everywhere from Safeway, Target, Whole Foods, Walmart, Kroger, and many more. Our products are also served at schools, universities, hospitals, and corporate offices across the country.
We're a technology company pioneering in food. Named one of CNBC’s Top 50 Disruptors, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies (amongst many other awards), and with $120 million in investment from 12 billionaires (including Li Ka-shing, the wealthiest man in Asia), our mission is to bring healthier, more affordable food to everyone, everywhere. To achieve this we have developed a technology platform that enables us to examine plants from every corner of the planet in the search for better, healthier, and more sustainable food ingredients. Our movement represents a unique opportunity to work with a hard-driving cross-functional team of scientists, research chefs, business analysts, and engineers.
To find products near you check out our "just find it" page on our website (http://www.hamptoncreek.com/just-find-it).
What would it look like if we started over?
As the Senior Director of Communications you will answer that question as it relates to how companies engage with media, policy makers, communities and influencers to build our brand reputation and change the food system. build and implement the overall communications strategy for the company including crisis communications, proactive media campaigns, product launches, and brand/executive reputation management. You will report into the CMO and serve on their leadership team.
This extremely cross functional role will work closely with the CEO, CMO, R&D, Culinary, Design and Partnerships. You will be responsible for developing and leading a multi discipline communications team to create highly integrated and impactful campaigns that optimize editorial, social and consumer facing channels.
A hands on leader who can lead by example while empowering team members to take on more responsibility and achieve audacious goals is a must.
Success in this role looks like getting Hampton Creek’s diverse and dynamic stories front to consumer, tech and business audiences in unique ways.
- Pervasive Visibility: Creating programs that ensure Hampton Creek’s mission, partners, products, technology, and discoveries are prominently featured in media coverage, social campaigns and other consumer facing channels.
- Crisis Management: Previous proven experience developing and implementing comprehensive crisis communication plans with teams both large and small. Experience working closely with investors, customers, partners and regulators.
- Consistent and Accurate: Overseeing and cultivating a media relations team that can maintain a relentless coverage cadence of accurate mission aligned stories.
- Notable Networks: Deep working relationships across consumer and technology press. Well connected with industry influencers including analysts, chefs, techies, marketers, Youtube influencers and foodies.
- Dynamic and Flexible: Highly creative with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and evolving environment with lots of different personalities and viewpoints. Capable of pivoting and quickly assembling a new game plan when necessary.
- Positive and Solution Oriented: Able to bring a positive solutions based point of view to intense conversations and strategic discussions. Capable of presenting, defending and effectively advocating for new ideas.
- Policy and Influence: Proven history of building strategic policy agendas and building meaningful coalitions to execute aggressive initiatives. Strong experience cultivating VIP relationships with investors, celebrities and partners.
- Experience in fast-cycle businesses with complex product lines or a heavy technology innovation component.
- Proven track record of success in a top consumer products or service business with multiple product launches.
- Ability to build and influencer relationships at a local, national, and international level to hit key company messages.
- Confident, hands-on leader with a collaborative, open management style that fosters participation and contribution among others. A flexible nature, combined with the ability to change and increased responsibilities comfortably.
- Ability to effectively champion and implement ideas, influence others and establish credibility to make tough decisions and achieve results at all levels of the organization on a timely basis.
- Self-starter instincts combined with high energy, action-orientation, and rapid decision making skills.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to foster a proactive and positive “can do” work environment with focus on action and outcomes.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment – preferable candidates will have worked alongside a creative founder or CMO who is actively involved in the messaging and media relationships.
- Passion for our mission of fixing the world's food crisis by helping consumer make the right food choice the easy food choice.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience at high profile companies, with clear demonstrated ability to lead the communications of the company forward.