Senior Director/VP Foodservice Partnerships
/jest/ - adjective
guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness
We started Hampton Creek because we believe that eating well should be easy. The right thing, for our bodies and for the planet, should be affordable. And it should be incredibly delicious. That's the only way that change will happen: by working with everyone from farmers, chefs, and food scientists to single moms, schools and politicians to fix our broken food system for everyone, everywhere.
And that's exactly what we have done with all of our products including our dressings, mayo, cookies and cookie dough. You can find us nationwide everywhere from Safeway, Target, Whole Foods, Walmart, Kroger, and many more. Our products are also served at schools, universities, hospitals, and corporate offices across the country.
We're a technology company pioneering in food. Named one of CNBC’s Top 50 Disruptors, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies (amongst many other awards), and with $120 million in investment from 12 billionaires (including Li Ka-shing, the wealthiest man in Asia), our mission is to bring healthier, more affordable food to everyone, everywhere. To achieve this we have developed a technology platform that enables us to examine plants from every corner of the planet in the search for better, healthier, and more sustainable food ingredients. Our movement represents a unique opportunity to work with a hard-driving cross-functional team of scientists, research chefs, business analysts, and engineers.
To find products near you check out our "just find it" page on our website (http://www.hamptoncreek.com/just-find-it).
Our partnerships team creates a better, more just food system every single day… it’s our job. The more connections we build with retailers, buyers, brokers, distributors, and foodservice establishments – the closer we get to starting over in food… and the closer we get to that, the easier it will be for everyone, everywhere to eat better. And that’s the goal.
We are a diverse team. We don’t fit one mold in terms of work experience. Some of us are from the food industry, some of us come from tech, and others from investment banking and consulting. One thing we have in common is that we are fighters. We get shit done. We are a little bit gritty, a large bit curious, and are hard-wired to “do” – not wait and see.
As the Senior Director/VP of Food Service Partnerships, you will be responsible for all aspects of growing and managing our food service business from goal setting through to market prioritization, lead generation, deal development, and account management. You will manage and build a world-class partnerships team that is known for being highly effective because you build partnerships through our brand story. You will report into the CMO and serve a critical role on their leadership team.
- Lead all global foodservice lead generation and selling activities.
- Lead and grow the food service sales team by hiring and retaining high-performing talent.
- Quickly drive distribution and profitable sales through creating and managing the execution of a strategic sales plan.
- Create annual sales plans, budgets, and long-range plans for comm and noncom channels
- Know how to navigate the broker and distributor relationships.
- Lead contract negotiations and marketing plan development with distributors, brokers, and operators.
- Be a holistic, big-picture thinker who can anticipate how foodservice connects to the bigger ecosystem of a food company.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, operations, finance and senior leadership and serve as a liaison between remote sales team members, broker network and HQ.
- You have at least 12 years successfully leading national/international sales teams.
- You know the food service business inside and out.
- You attract top talent – people yearn to work for you.
- You have proven yourself to be exceptional at growing businesses through partners.
- You have a burning desire to be part of something bigger than yourself.
- You will travel.
- Proactive. You are a self-starter and can prioritize your own work. You are curious and seek other people's points of view.
- You are an engaging communicator and story-teller.
- Ability to lead others even without managing them, in such a way that they are always glad you did.
- Solid judgment. Make deliberate, thoughtful choices with people, product, and business.