With over 30 years of experience, Hannon Armstrong (NYSE: HASI) is a capital provider focused on reducing the impact of, or increasing resiliency to, climate change. Our portfolio includes efficiency, renewable energy and resiliency assets that generate long-term, recurring and largely predictable cash flows or cost savings from proven technologies. With scientific consensus that climate warming trends are linked to human activities, we believe our firm is well positioned to generate better risk-adjusted returns by investing in the assets that reduce carbon emissions. We are based in Annapolis, MD.
Our office location allows for easy access to both Baltimore and Washington, DC.
Depending on background, interests, and availability of work, a summer intern at Hannon Armstrong will be assigned to one of several teams within the company, such as investment origination and structuring or portfolio management.
A summer intern will be expected to contribute from day one on meaningful assignments, working independently and on teams to address challenges and present solutions to management.
EDUCATION AND PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- Current undergraduate or graduate student
- Expected degree and/or prior work experience in one of the following fields preferred: Business/Finance, Computer/Data Science, Economics, Energy, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, Policy, Sustainability
SPECIFIC RECOMMENDED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience with Excel and financial modeling
- Strong interest in sustainability and renewable energy
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Adaptability: Flexibility in handling change
- Collaboration and cooperation: Working with others toward shared goals
- Communication: Sending clear and convincing messages
- Initiative: Readiness to act on opportunities
- Self-confidence: Sureness about one’s self-worth and capabilities
- Service orientation: Anticipating, recognizing, and meeting customers’ needs
The Company maintains a policy of non-discrimination in employment and complies with and supports all Federal, state, and local laws regarding discrimination in employment. Specifically, the Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices against any employee, intern, or applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), or any other characteristic to the extent prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Decisions regarding staffing, selection, and promotions are made on the basis of individual qualifications related to the requirements of the position.