Director of Professional Services
Remote (USA) /
Customer Success /
HappyCo is a company where people can grow their careers and work with like minded people, with no egos or politics. HappyCo is values driven and offers a flexible, supportive culture. Join HappyCo and Make Work Happy!
Director of Professional Services
We’re hiring a Director of Professional Services to help refine processes and systems for the Professional Services team at HappyCo. This is a senior-level role with revenue responsibility that will set the vision and strategic plan for the team by collaborating with leaders across the organization.
At HappyCo, the Director of Pro Services is a critical role for HappyCo’s revenue strategy. In this role you will oversee the team that manages the critical role of setting up new customers for a successful launch process as well as driving revenue through ongoing consulting work for our installed customer base. Our department interacts with the customer on both pre-sales and post-sales and are highly regarded as the technical leaders for HappyCo customers. We require a high level of project management skills, the ability to manage concurrent projects and to deliver an excellent experience to our customers. Pro Services also works closely with the Customer Success Managers and Support on projects for existing customers that require our technical expertise. We are looking for an established leader with a proven history of bringing best practices to scale an implementation team within a SaaS company.
With a growing Pro Services department and footprint of products, we are investing in building a team that improves our efficiency and our ability to scale. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong discipline, detail, and experience with capacity planning and financial responsibility.
This is a 100% remote (U.S.) role reporting to the VP of Customer Success with estimated travel up to 30% for company retreats, team meetups, and customer meetings.
Week by Week
During your first week you will:
- Get to know our leadership, culture, and values
- Onboard with the Customer Success team
- Conduct 1:1s with your direct reports
- Participate in at least 1 customer call and in 1 support engineering triage session
- Read our favorite industry primers
- Get access to existing reporting and metrics
- Set expectations for your first six week goals with your manager
During your first six weeks you will:
- Set initial project management standards with your team and CS department, and document for cross functional stakeholders
- Document your 30/60/90/180 day strategy to transition Pro Services to a revenue center and support HappyCo goals and strategy
- Set expectations with Customer Success, Product, Sales, Revenue Operations, and Marketing teams to ensure alignment and success of Pro Services strategic plan
- Shadow customer and partner meetings to assess challenges faced by the organization
- Set success metrics to measure your impact on improving Pro Services team efficiency, including allocation/utilization reporting
Ongoing responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop team of remote Pro Service managers across the United States, maintaining a high utilization of resources
- Partner with VP of Customer Success to implement new offshoring resources while maintaining quality of service and CSAT
- Regularly deliver major process-related outcomes for Pro Services, continuously optimizing processes and systems to realize efficiencies of scale and decrease COGS
- Introduce training and programs that help teams stay abreast of process improvements and maintain expertise across our products and features
- Oversee the management of customer launches and ensure successful on-time delivery
- Deliver exceptional customer service and maintain high CSAT scores on Pro Services engagements
- Achieve revenue targets for Pro Services based on 2023 budget
What we think you need to be successful
- 7-10 years’ proven experience running a Pro Services department in B2B SaaS, preferably within the multifamily industry
- Documented track record of achieving or exceeding revenue targets
- Expertise in scaling Pro Services teams; ideally with a span of control moving from a handful of direct reports to a span of control of 20+ staff
- Strong data analysis skills exemplified by detailed spreadsheet/ database creation with a knack for diving into the numbers and presenting data-driven insights
- Track record of identifying and solving implementations issues within organizations
- Growth mindset and a passion for learning and coaching
- Organized and able to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously
Find out more about our US Employee Benefits on our careers page.
Some of the benefits you’ll experience while working at HappyCo:
++ Work from anywhere!
++ Opportunity to work for one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the PropTech industry
++ Generous paid parental leave
++ Unlimited time off
++ Monthly stipends to support Wellness and Home Office expenses
++ Eligible for company bonus plan, dependent upon individual and company performance
Founded in 2011, HappyCo (happy.co) builds mobile and cloud solutions to enable real-time property data. Our flagship product suite 'Happy Property’ has 2.7M units on its platform and has captured more than 270 million photos. We’re everyday people with a shared purpose — improving people’s lives. Our team is made up of thinkers, talkers, planners, makers, builders and everything in between. Together, we’re turning our passions into happier communities! When customers use our software, their communities get stronger. Our tools empower everyone in multifamily property management to improve their operations and maximize returns, which means they’re building better experiences for their residents. When property people are happy, we’re happy. That’s why we’re HappyCo. Learn more about our Product Vision here!
Our HappyCo Culture
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that lets us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor page and our careers page!
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that HappyCo upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status. HappyCo is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to us about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and HappyCo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.