Software Engineer (Backend)
We’re going to be blunt: nowhere in Southeast Asia can the code you write significantly shape how people shop for their #1 need: grocery.
HappyFresh Group is the number one online grocery company in Southeast Asia. With headquarters in Jakarta, we have expanded to eight cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. We work with exciting new technologies and solve complex problems across multiple browsers, platforms and mobile devices.
At HappyFresh, in terms of scale, you get to build a best-in-class technology that connects thousands of families with retail stores across Southeast Asia.
In terms of structure, you will be working in a cross-functional and self-organized team. From day one, we believe in “no silos” as an achievable goal.
That is why we can’t afford to hire only the best engineers. We also need the “right” engineers--those who are willing to collaborate, who value direct feedback, dare to challenge assumptions, and believe in continuous improvement.
What You'll Be Doing
- Designing and implementing new features for our backend
- Supporting and maintaining existing codebase
- Writing clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Contributing in all phases of the development life cycle in an agile environment
- Driving continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies
Who We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, information system, electrical engineering, or relevant discipline is preferred
- Any level of backend development experience
- Excellent in coding and database design
- Experience in using Git version control system
- Preferable, but not required, experience in the following things: RESTful web service development, Ruby on Rails web application framework, RDBMS-based development (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc), Search engine-based development (Elasticsearch, Algolia, etc), and Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Passion in delivering high quality, high performance code
- Passion for growing skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Love working in agile and collaborative environment
- Competitive salary package
- Employee discounts: affordable grocery special for HappyFreshers!
- Generous medical, dental, and maternity insurance
- HappyHealth; allowance provided to HappyFreshers for health activities and health-related items
- Work-from-home days
- 12 days of paid leave per year, annual 3-country conferences
- Free Zumba/Muaythai for girls, Futsal for boys
- Lactation room for working mothers
- Cakes for every birthday/work anniversary, pizza/martabak everytime we find something to celebrate
Get to know you future colleagues here.